HOG Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have experience with HOG wings? I have found them a little less expensive on the web. How do they compare with, for instance, Oxycheq Mach 30?

Being a manager for Divers Supply I will disclose that I may be a bit biased, but myself and some other tech buddies have been using these wings for over 3 years now and I love them. I wouldn't part with my 32lb doughnut as a travel wing and find the 58lb to be perfect for my doubles configuration. Personally I haven't had much use for the 38lb wing but I'm sure someone might. Can't say how they compare to Oxycheq as I haven't used any of their wings, but I feel the HOG's have held up as well and performed as well as any of the Dive Rite wings I owned before the HOG's and the HOG's were definitely less expensive. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you, and remember "Divers Supply always has the lowest price, guaranteed."

Thanks for your opinion. I am putting together a BP/W for my wife. Single configuration. Mostly tropical diving, but she gets cold easy so usually dives with at least a 3 mm. Last spring in Hawaii she dove with a 5-4-3mm steamer. Anyway, we do occasionally dive requiring a 7mm so I am looking for more than just a 18 lb lift wing and was looking at the Mach V closely, but open to ideas. I saw a HOG wing around the 30lb lift area for about $200, compared to the Mach V at $272. Concerned I might get what I paid for, a cheaper, not less expensive, wing.

I have a #32 HOG and a #60 OMS wing. I love the HOG, and you can't beat the price. The quality is that of the more expensive OMS. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

Do a quick search and I think you will find that there is a general consensus of happy consumers of HOG.

On a side note, one of my dive buddies bought a HOG, and is quite happy with it.

Another vote for the HOG 32# singles wing. I have one, wife has one, we both love them.

Best wishes.

Does anyone have any pictures of their 30lb singles wings rigged up? I would love to see how they compare in size to similar dive rite and oxycheq wings.

Attached is a photo of my 32 that coincidentally, Jack sold me. The only issue I have had is that it seems the power inflater hose is a touch too long for the corrugated hose. Other than that, I have been very pleased with my purchase, and were I to be in the market for a wing tomorrow, would buy a HOG without hesitation.

Attachments

• IMG-20100905-00012.jpg
    IMG-20100905-00012.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,053
Thanks for the input. Its making a tough decision easier. I ran across a Hollis S Series 25 lb wing for $239, free s/h. How does this compare? I appreciate the input and photos.

Hollis S Series 25lbs for $240.

Oxycheq Mach V 30 lbs for $272

Hog 32lbs for $199

All are brand new, different vendors of course. Looking at the pictures, since I have not saw any of these in person, the is there really anything different? :confused:

Lift is not really a consideration, I think all will be plenty.

I'm also looking into moving to a BPW. I've noticed that most BCD's come equiped with shoulder dump while most Wings/Donut bladders do not. Is this really an issue? I almost always use the shoulder dump on my BCD. Would it be possible to equip a HOG bladder with a shoulder dump?

Also, out of curiosity, why do the BPW setups seldomly come with shoulder dumps?

Thanks,
Claude

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom