HOG Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you to everyone who shared pictures of their setups, this makes my decision even harder now! I don't know if the oxycheq wing is worth the extra $70 bucks so I'm beginning to really lean towards the hog 32 lb wing. Originally I was looking at the dive rite travel wing for my transpac to make a single tank warm water rig but the hog wing looks quite comparable in size to the dive rite travel wing and only a little bit wider then the oxycheq mach v, and from what I've read its just as tough. Does anyone have experience with both wings? I could spend the extra money and get the oxycheq wing but not if I'm getting the same quality out of the hog wing.

Are you guys using a STA with the HOG 32 wing or do you find the sewn in ribs to be enough?

I have an Oxy 18 lb Razor as my travel wing - it is great but not a bladder inside a shell like the Mach V or HOG wings......

I bought the HOG due to the price at the time $200 plus free shipping was what sold me.....

Also the HOG seems to to have a lot of flexiblity.....three sets of mounting holes and long tank band slots.....

I started without a STA just using the built in ribs, but I prefer the STA, it brings bands out from behind the plate, which makes the hole rig easier to align and clamp to the tank......at least for me.....

Hope this helps.....M

Are you guys using a STA with the HOG 32 wing or do you find the sewn in ribs to be enough?

I use a "heavy" (5 lb) STA. I have not tried the HOG wing without a STA. I suspect it would be just fine, but I like how stable the tank is with the STA, and allows me to take an additional 5 lbs off my weightbelt.

Best wishes.

Okay I've made my decision I'm going with the hog 32lb wing, does anyone know if there are any deals out there better than this?

TECHNICAL SCUBA BCD PACKAGE @ Divers-Supply.com

The wing alone would be $200 shipped so for only $50 more it comes with a SS backplate and basic harness that I can add to my collection of gear ( I currently use a transpac).

Looks like a great deal. I have never heard of Sea Elite. Can anyone talk about them?

I have two of those packages. One with 32lb and one with 58lb HOG and one AL and one SS BP. No complaints.

I am using both a HOG 32lb Singles wing and also a 38lb Doubles wing, both work fantastic. I personally don't use an STA with my singles wing (any of them), instead I just sex bolt the wing to my plate, thread the cambands through, and enjoy life.

Sweet, thanks for the advice everyone I'll be placing my order tomorrow.

I've never heard of Sea Elite either but I figure there's no wrong way to make a steel plate. The finishing might not be as great as more expensive brands but that's noting a little filing can't take care of. In any case I'm buying it mainly for the wing that I will be mounting on my transpac but I will test the backplate and hog webbing out to see what all the hype is about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom