Holiday in Malaysia in january

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys for the tips I decided to return to the Philippines, I have already booked the flight I'll be there in January and February thanks again

Thanks guys for the information, I have stay in Thailand the Philippines and Indonesia, I was considering to change destination for this year, I have only the period of January, to this point I could go back in indonesia or Philippines and other good points where I have not already been, if you have other tips accept them willingly

Like most have said, most if not all the dive centres and resort on the East Coast of Peninsula Malaysia. West Coast visibility is always bad due to the plantation discharge and ship activities on the Straits of Mallaca.

Sipadan and Mabul Island(Northern Borneo Malaysia) where our World class diving is located is currently not very safe due to the Southern Phillipines Terrorist and Pirates. But u can try Seaventures which is a retired Oil Rig converted into a Dive Rig which I think would be safer than staying on islands.

Or, you can go to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TAR Marine Park) which is located at Kota Kinabalu, also Northen Borneo Malaysia. But much much further away from Sipadan and it's safe and it's too far for the Phillipines terrorist to go. But you'll have to book your hotel at Kota Kinabalu, and the dive center will pick you up and send you back daily.

However, if there are circumstances that requires you to travel at Peninsula Malaysia, there are still 1 or 2 dive operator which I know operating during the monsoon season. one is LOB at Tioman(East coast of Peninsula Malaysia) call Frogman. They'll ride their boat to places that is less choppy and explore new dive sites.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

Tim

Thanks guys for the tips I decided to return to the Philippines, I have already booked the flight I'll be there in January and February thanks again
If you can modify your trip, I shall suggest you to go to Bali, Banda, Raja Ampat or Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom