Holy Hose Routing...... Can Someone Help Me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uploadfromtaptalk1451750687205.jpg

My setup is similar but still different. (view from me looking down at the tanks at my sides)

Right:
7' long hose tucked in bands with 90 degree adapter on the reg (along with a zip tied bungee bolt snap quick release) and routed around my neck.
Drysuit LP out bottom 5th port.
6" hose with brass/glass 2.5" SPG.

Left:
Shorter hose with reversed reg and 90 degree adapter with a neck bungee
BC LP out bottom 5th port.
6" hose with brass/glass 2.5" SPG.

I may change this in the future but that's the good thing about sidemount - endless options.

Recent adopter of sidemount here. I read Rob Neto's sidemount book, then my first 5 dives I tried 5 different setups tweaking until I found what I liked.

Divers Right Side:
90 degree adapter on reg
6" hose with brass/glass 1.5" SPG
7' hose tucks into bands
Drysuit hose
small bolt snap on reg and gets clipped off on my right D-ring when not in use
hose routed directly from tank to mouth(or right D-ring)

Divers Left Side:
90 degree adapter on reg
6" hose with brass/glass 1.5" SPG
BC LPI hose
5' hose tucks into bands
reg on bungee necklace
hose routed up around neck and comes to mouth on right shoulder.

There is no specific reason for the 5' vs 7' hoses -- just that both are long. I started with a 32" and a 7', but replaced the 32" with the 5' so that I could donate whichever was in my mouth.

There is no hose routing across the chest area, and only one hose behind my neck so no change of getting hoses tangled with each other.

I don't have any real overhead experience so I can't speak to whether hoses may get caught on something -- seems reasonably compact to me so far.

I'll add my 2 cents. It appears that you are using the long hose on the left and short hose right. I know of at least one instructor that teaches that hose routing, with the suggested advantage of better hose routing. As I understand that approach, the short hose comes directly from the right tank to the regulator (on a necklace) with a 90 degree adapter; not around the neck. To further keep the right hose close to the body, the right hose is routed under the chest strap. The long (left) hose is mostly stowed on the left tank and comes up the left side and around the neck. I have not tried this and use the opposite routing as I like to remove my right tank to get back on the boat, allowing me to keep my BC inflator attached to the left tank. Your regulators face each other, you may wish to try having your regs point down or point up. My tanks are pulled up tight into my armpits, so even with the regs straight down and valve handles straight out to the sides, there is not much hanging below my body. I was experimenting in the pool today with the regs up to try and streamline even more, but I still prefer regs down. The valve and regulator position is controlled by the tank cam band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom