Home Built Basic ROV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacksambellamy

Contributor
Reaction score
Dont know if anybody is interested but i just built this ROV. I will let you all know how it works in a few weeks. I bought it here !nventivity - ROV-in-a-Box Project Kit
s3eqeo.jpg

That is very cool, let us know how she handles.

Thanks. Let us know. Looks like a fun project.

If you put it together correctly it will handle great and you should have a blast. I made one with a similar frame for my senior design at school and I loved it.

You can add later a camera, I remember getting one rated for 100feet on a surveillance site for less than 100$. Also a small hydrophone rated for a ridiculous depth (150m or so) for very reasonable price I forgot exactly.
Depth sensors are a different subject, those are expensive. If you feel adventurous you can put together a pneumo-hose, typically found on surface air supply systems.
Fun toys.... enjoy the ROV!

nice. did you buy the kit or the plans only? please keep us updated on this project; i'm interested in building this rov too.

From the link i posted above i bought the kit and it included everything. I ordered the upgrade 100 ft tether and color camera . The instruction book is step by step and you can have it together in a matter of hours. I live in NJ and its still pretty cold here, so ill test it when it hets a tad warmer and the ice melts.

Here is the link !nventivity - ROV-in-a-Box Project Kit

they have tested it up to 300 feet

A self built ROV is the coolest thing I have ever heard

I agree but i only plan on using it at the 100 foot depth max so the vis should be fine. As for the motors they can be switched out fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom