Honest DIR question... NOT a flame thread. (I hope and pray)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
Is there a single website or two that are best for learning about DIR? (I know there's been some mentioned in other posts, I'm just too lazy to look right now, my sincere apologies!) I feel un-informed and would like to learn more about it. I keep hearing comments about 7' hoses, etc... but want to know more, such as why, how and what DIR actually is. Way back when I first signed onto this board I had never heard of it, when I first saw DIR I thought it stood for Diving In Redundancy (that's supposed to be funny).

I'm a recreational diver, but always looking for ways to improve my skills, gear configuration etc. Yes, there is a lot of information on this board regarding DIR but it always seems to turn into some sort of anti DIR argument. And since basically every-other thread (that was sarcasm), seems to bring DIR into it, I'm just interested to learn what aspects could make me a better/more safe diver.

Thank you in advance.

Their website

http://www.gue.com

And you might want to look on Amazon for the book, Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving

try the GUE website, they have good info (obviously) on gear, etc. For the real scoop you need to pick up Getting Clear on the Basics: The Fundamentals ..... book by JJ. It is inexpensive, and availble from the GUE website. Although some of the content is more geared toward the tech diver, it gives a solid explanation of how the system as a whole is supposed to work.

'scuse me, I gave you the wrong title- It is Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving. I just checked the website to make sure!

And thank you for the quick/honest replies I got already...

I'll buy some books on it (that you've recommended). Kind of nice to have something scuba related around to read when I'm bored!

Back
Top Bottom