Honeymoon in Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ben and I are heading to Isla Mujeres for our honeymoon at the end of May and I was wondering what dive shop do people recommend on the island? Also, we are interested in experiencing at least one Cenote dives during our stay.

Thanks!

Scuba Diving on Isla Mujeres: IslaMujeres.info

Be sure to look at all the info & boards under " Sharing Isla' at the top of the webpage.

As I understand it, the diving page cited here is out of date. Coral Scuba Dive Center, my old favorite, closed and its former staff have set up a couple of new shops. I think they are called Carey Dive Center and Enrique's Unique Dives. They both should be fine, as they are run by great instructors/dive masters.

Coral Scuba Dive Center was whom we had planned to dive with when I did all of my original research.
Do you by chance know which of the remaining places will let us leave our gear at their shop and not have to drag it back to our hotel after each dive? I am going to do some browsing, but wanted to know if you had the inside scoop.

thanks,
Susan

I believe that Joes post above is correct. I am unsure which other dive shop will allow you to leave your gear there. May just have to e mail & ask.
Whalesharks migrate thru that area in June & July. Not sure if they will be there late May or not. A few operators are allowed to take snorkelers , [ no diving ] to swim with them. Capt. Tony, who you will see mentioned a lot on the forums at the website I provided, can answer your questions, & someone may be able to answer a question about gear storage there, too. Enjoy. I was there last Summer.

I've attempted to contact Carey Dive Shop via email (the guy from Coral works there now), but to no avail. Does anyone have a direct phone for them? Are there other shops people recommend? Phone numbers would be appreciated, as it appears email is not very popular there :D. We're set to leave in three weeks, so the clock is ticking!

Thanks,
Susan

==================================================

Coral Scuba Dive Center was whom we had planned to dive with when I did all of my original research.
Do you by chance know which of the remaining places will let us leave our gear at their shop and not have to drag it back to our hotel after each dive? I am going to do some browsing, but wanted to know if you had the inside scoop.

thanks,
Susan

Back
Top Bottom