hoods and hair!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amanda, somehow I don't think she'll stick with diving. :)

And hey, it may be a good strategy for guys -- "take your date diving and see what she really looks like" hehe

Every single dive-related photo I have is of my post-dive state(there is never free time before the dive) but I like them anyway, because I look really happy there-- and that's makes the face look better than make-up. Or at least I think so, because when I look at the pictures I think of a happy memory and can hardly be objective.

"Every single dive-related photo I have is of my post-dive state(there is never free time before the dive) but I like them anyway, because I look really happy there-- and that's makes the face look better than make-up. Or at least I think so, because when I look at the pictures I think of a happy memory and can hardly be objective."

That's the nicest thing I've heard all day!

-K

I don't wear make=up on the dive, but I do use sun protection. Out of the water I am a make-up user. I've been wearing it since I was 12. Now I look fine without it, but I feel better with it on.

I don't plan on giving up diving just because I can't waer make-up. It was kind of nice waking up for the boat trip and being ready in 10 minutes. I did put a hat on after every dive though. It's just not a sexy sport, but thats not why I got into it. The reasons I like it out number my vainity.....LOL

I don't wear make up above or under water (except maybe the occasional eye liner so I don't look sleepy). So it doesn't matter to me. But the hair thing....that is a big issue.

Dea, I agree with you, I never look better than after a dive, 'cause I'm always glowing with all the good feelings you all know a dive always brings...

Gee how happy am I to be a diver !!

I've tried braiding my hair & it just slips out & is a mess. The best way for me has been the low ponytail w/ multiple bands down it. Still, my hair would become tangled in the metal clasp that holds the band together. Just the other day I found hair ties with no metal on them. Can't wait to try them out. I also was looking for the lycra swim cap to wear. All the store had was red. Not my color, so I passed. Today I picked up a dew rag-I'm hoping all of this will solve my ongoing hair problems.=-)

Hello ladies,
I don't normally look at threads in the "women only" area, but this one is close to home... When she first started diving, the Lovely Young Kat (my bride) had beautiful long hair down to just below her waist. She tried all sorts of things for the first few years - lycra hoods, braids, french braids, even pigtails. Finally, she asked me what I thought she should do - I said (standard male answer) "Honey, you know I love your hair, but if it makes you happy, I wouldn't care if you shaved it all off."
Well, she didn't shave it, but she did cut it short, and we've never looked back. There's a picture at
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/SupportSt/rickmurchison/
Rick

hi all! i just wanted to update everyone on my hair situation thing..i got a 7mm henderson gold hood (so smooooth it doesnt pull my hair off) and thats it.. it works fine and dandy and i pull it on and off between dives without any problems!! Im sooo happy with it! What my hair LOOKS like after i take my hood off is a different story.. i probably need some spray on conditioner or watever, but for now, im too lazy and ill just kinda flatten it or whatever.. hehehe :D

I have very thick, curly long hair. I put my hair in a ponytail or braid then I pull a thin dive skin hood over it before I put on the neoprene hood. It is EXTREMELY comfortable (more so than a latex bathing cap and easier to hear through!), adds warmth for cold water diving (it's cold here in Monterey Bay!) and is great for keeping hair out of the way in the tropics.

Try it, you'll like it!
A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom