Horizon Dive Adventures Complaint Filed in Federal Court

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I truly see their point. In fact, I agree with it. Once you leave the taxi, they are not responsible for your safety, even if they wait for your return.
Ah, but once he returns to the surface, he is no longer a diver and is a person overboard. I can show you the last Admiralty Law case that Horizon's lawyer lost trying this defense if you'd like.

But for the record, I don't think the results of this case and the results of the Becky Bryson case will be the same.

Revo files motion to intervene. Anyone have a PACER account? Motion is Case 4:17-cv-10050-JLK Document 84 with 10 attachments.

Here is exhibit 4, Stewarts dive profiles the last day.

Attachments

• 84-4 Ex. D - Dive Profiles 3 & 4.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 940
And Document 84, motion to intervene. Remember, this is lawyer talk. Nothing is proven until it goes to court.

Attachments

• 84 rEvo Mtn to Intervene.pdf
    309.1 KB · Views: 1,028
An interesting claim made in the motion to intervene that the unit kept the ppO2 at .8 for 3-4 minutes as evidenced in exhibit D. Can anyone see any evidence of the the setpoint being kept at .8 on the surface in exhibit D??
Also whats with the GF of 90/90?

From bottom of page 4 and top of page 5:
"The dive computer data downloaded from Stewart’s rebreather shows that the breathing device, a rEvo III rebreather manufactured by REVO in Belgium, delivered a constant and safe flow of oxygen to Stewart before and during the 2 minutes and 45 seconds he was on the surface, maintaining a ppO2 level between 0.80 ATA and 0.9 ATA on the surface, more than 3-4 times the amount of oxygen in the air we breathe (0.21 ATA)."

I don't see this in the dive profile.

An interesting claim made in the motion to intervene that the unit kept the ppO2 at .8 for 3-4 minutes as evidenced in exhibit D. Can anyone see any evidence of the the setpoint being kept at .8 on the surface in exhibit D??
Also whats with the GF of 90/90?
We don't see his surface PPO2, but we see that he surfaced with a 1.0 about and started the final descent 3 minutes later at about a 1.5, could he have breathed his loop hypoxic in that 3 minutes? I'm not a rebreather diver, I don't know.

When he started the last descent the PPO2 was just below 1.0 from where he ended the last dive at around 1.0.

I very much doubt there is a mechanism that could drop his loop from 1.0 down to below .16 long enough for him to pass out and then back to 1.0 all in less than 3 minutes.

If you look at the smooth PPO2 curve it seems he was deceased very early in that last descent. There would be spikes if there was any metabolic activity.
Also, if the loop was totally flooded then I’m not sure that he would still get a PPO2 reading unless of course the cells still had gas in that area but everything else was flooded.

GF90/90 for a 3rd dive of the day is a lot more aggressive than I would ever go. Possibly set to minimise the dive time for a quick bounce?

Not a rebreather diver but from the graph it looks like he went up 180 ft in 2 minutes. Isn't that sort of fast?

Not a rebreather diver but from the graph it looks like he went up 180 ft in 2 minutes. Isn't that sort of fast?
The story I heard was that this was meant as a bounce. Planned and executed that way. He was 20 feet to 20 feet in less than 10 minutes. I did that once on the first dive of the day to 250 feet and never had a required deco stop. I did them anyway, but I wasn't dressed for conditions, so I touched the wreck and skedaddled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom