Horizon Dive Adventures Complaint Filed in Federal Court

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its my understanding those GF (90/90) are consistent with what Peter Sotis dives and teaches. Perhaps a former student of his could validate and/or elaborate?

The legal wheels are turning and the billings are piling up. Yet, the case has made little progress to this point.

Revo wants to be at the party - why not?

Just like a play, you need to read all the acts to be able to understand the plot.

Attached are most of docs from the case. Edit - the site won't upload the zip file a max of 10.

Attachments

• 84-2.pdf
    461.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 84-1.pdf
    666.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 84-3.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 227
  • 84-4.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
  • 84-5.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 585
  • 84-6.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 677
  • 84-7.pdf
    238.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 84-8.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 84-9.pdf
    389.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 84-10.pdf
    281.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Another 10 docs

Attachments

• 84-11.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 84-main.pdf
    309.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 83-main.pdf
    131 KB · Views: 158
  • 81-main.pdf
    208.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 80-main.pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 79-main.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 78-main.pdf
    86.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 77-main.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 76-main.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 75-main.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 281
The video contained in the Florida Keys News article that Frank provided the link to is almost horrific.

The video contained in the Florida Keys News article that Frank provided the link to is almost horrific.
Pretty horrific. It is interesting that it shows the DSV/BOV in place, though. That means (to me) that the rebreather didn't flood and sink him as so many speculated in the accident thread.

I did that once on the first dive of the day to 250 feet and never had a required deco stop.
But if I read this graph correctly, which I may not be doing, it looks like they were into deco 3 minutes into the dive while they were still descending.

But if I read this graph correctly, which I may not be doing, it looks like they were into deco 3 minutes into the dive while they were still descending.

this was dive 3 of the day so there would have been tissue loading from the previous 2 dives. What the graph shows in that red bar is the "ceiling" which in this case remains 10ft. Attached is a random dive from my dive log. You can see the ceiling change depths throughout the dive by the thickness of the red bar. Popping up at the very end like that if you were running a GF-hi of say 70 probably wouldn't do anything to you, but when it's on gf-90, it's quite possible he had a bad bubble somewhere.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 162
Pretty horrific. It is interesting that it shows the DSV/BOV in place, though. That means (to me) that the rebreather didn't flood and sink him as so many speculated in the accident thread.
That was gruesome...

So DSV in place and PPO2 was ~0.9 on the surface. In a wetsuit makes me wonder if he had any gas left to inflate his wing or any ditch-able lead. And of course what the diagnosis was for Sortis since Rob may have experienced something comparable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom