Horizontal Line Formatting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ line

<hr> won't work in the forum software I don't think.

R..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ line

<hr> won't work in the forum software I don't think.

R..

Is that just the underscore symbol "_"? The HTML <hr> symbol is physically closer to the text above and is smart enough not to "word wrap" on lower res displays.

Yes, just the underscore. I don't see an obvious way to embed HTML tags into posts on the forum software. If only we could.

If you were to keep the underscore line short enough it wouldn't word-wrap on most formats (may still on some telephones) and it could be made to come across as a style decision.

R..

For example ^^^ a short fat line in the center of the screen could easily become a style element that would re-position itself for different screen formats.

We don't support HTML in the forums since it's too easy to embed malicious code. We didn't on the old board either.

Try cutting/pasting from a text editor - Word does it's own formatting that's not compatible with the forum s/w.

There's a recent thread about it somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom