Horizontal Line Formatting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try cutting/pasting from a text editor
Or paste with

<Ctrl><Shift><V>

_______________________________________________________________​

We don't support HTML in the forums since it's too easy to embed malicious code. We didn't on the old board either....

I figured that was the case but that HTML function demonstrated the underline (or rule) that I was hoping to find.

... Try cutting/pasting from a text editor - Word does it's own formatting that's not compatible with the forum s/w.

There's a recent thread about it somewhere.

??? (what ever happened to that icon with three question marks above the head? I needed it a LOT) :)

All my text editors just use straight ASCII text; no formatting of any kind. Writing in MS Word is almost mandatory for me since I totally suck at typing, spelling, and grammar... I are a diver after-all. I often copy and paste from Word to a text editor just to make strip away all unsupported remnants though. BTW, TextPad - the text editor for Windows is outstanding if you work in HTML or almost any other programming languages.

I have added the BB Code

Code:
[hr][/hr]

which makes a line

You must use the closing [/hr] tag after the opening tag, since that's how Xenforo deals with tags.

Here is what the above post looks like in code editor

Code:
[QUOTE="HowardE, post: 8000950, member: 37789"]I have added the BB Code

[hr][/hr]

which makes a line

[hr][/hr]

You must use the closing [/hr] tag after the opening tag, since that's how Xenforo deals with tags.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but I had a busy day here at the office.

Last edited:
Check out Notepad++ Home for text or other... PHP, HTML, CSS, etc.

I probably should but I'm so invested in TextPad macros and syntax tools that changing to almost anything else now would be painful. Most of my code work is in AutoCAD's AutoLISP (some of which goes back 20 years) and TextPad supports it nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom