Horrible Customer Service Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are correct, if someone reads all the post, its clear. But the numbers are so large than even a small percent of skimmers reaching the wrong conclusion is damaging.

In this economy, few can afford to jettison customers because they are ignorant. That's his choice though.

Ignorant is easy to cure with 10cc of good information and 10cc of reasoning. Willful ignorance on the other hand is not curable. I don't see why any sane reasonable person would want to deal with willfully ignorant. In fact there is a whole slew of people who sell exclusively to willfully ignorant (James Van Praag is good example) but I put them in the pile of scam businesses.

You do have a point, but then 11,000+ views on a post titled "Horrible Customer Service" is not exactly the goal of a great marketing strategy.

For $50 I would have shut the customer up (Good or Bad), but that's me. Personally I think Tobin is right on this one, the pictures he posted were a clean kill shot of the OP's bitch. All the other back and forth just keeps bumping the thread to the top allowing the damage to continue.

You are not a marketer. I would love 11,000 views on a thread about me labeled "unsafe boat", especially if hundreds of my loyal customers came to my defense, and the poster was unreasonable in his demands. Shall I draft it for you? :D

In all seriousness, Tobin is more likely to get a tremendous amount of goodwill from this thread. The OP has had his say. My next wing will be a DSS. I'd bet a bunch of folks next wings will be from DSS. This thread didn't hurt Tobin a bit.

This is a long thread. first I agree with Tobin so you can skip this if you want. also this is longish so you can skip to the underlined parts for the main points. The one time I have emailed tobin I recieved quick response. since I have only had 1 email with him, I probabaly am not the best person for this but here goes. I dont own any dss equipment, however I will be purchasing some for Christmas as long as my money situation stays decent. I do think that Tobin has done everything he should do in this situation, he replaced the bladders that were somehow damaged. The company would not knowingly send out a unit that is defected, that opens up lawsuits. They say they tested it before sending it out. I believe they did. so that means it is not the manufacturers fault. If it was damaged before the unit got there it is the shippers fault. If the customer inspected it like he said on page one (see below) of this and didn't find the leak then it was fine when it arrived. so that leaves the customer as the only one that can be at fault. either it was his fault for not doing a thorough checkout when it arrived to find the fault or he caused the fault himself. either way it is his own fault. I believe DSS is a well run company and I will support them with my buisness. Thanks Tobin

Hello Jax,

I inflated the wing and did not discover a leak prior to the trip. I do not recall whether I fully inflated it or not. When I inflated the wing prior to jumping in the water I did not detect a leak. No hissing sounds. Nothing. While diving, I noticed that the OPV side of the wing would not hold gas. I was able to dive, but dove sideways since the air was shifted to the opposite side while diving horizontally. Once I got home and got into the pool, I still did not notice a leak while the wing was partially inflated. However, when I fully inflated it, there was a large flow of bubbles coming from the wing. That's when I knew there was a leak and sent it in for repair.

Back
Top Bottom