Hose routing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There aren't hard-fast rules about this, right? We did our certification with a local SSI shop a few months ago, and their configurations have the octopus ("safe second") on the left, primary on the right. It was kinda funny when we went to Florida for our checkout dives -- we did a universal referral to a PADI shop, and the first day when we were setting up the gear, I was having a hard time figuring out how to do it. Finally, the instructor assistant looked at me and said "those [regs] go on the right" -- she may has well have said "DUH!!" lol - I just didn't know b/c I hadn't experienced anything besides the way my home LDS does things. Live and learn. Folks do things differently. Before diving with any buddy, I'll look to see what side their octopus is on. No big whoop, right??

dir or non-dir I think it is important to maintain standard configs as much as possible.

People do not generally do critical thinking well under severe stress. In that case the normal and the safest option is to revert to training. Noting your buddy's config before the dive is better than not doing so but any differences to the way you trained are likely to be forgotten and cause problems in a real emergency.

GottaDive! once bubbled...
I recently purchased a Mares MR12 Axis regulator and have a question on hose routing. I have the primary second stage coming out the right hand side, the computer out the left. Where does the safe second go? The angle of the LP ports makes it easier to route it out the right hand side with the primary second, although I usually see the safe second on other divers on the left with the computer. Is there anything that says the safe second can't be on the same side as the primary second? Thanks!

THERE REALLY IS NO RULE OR LAW AS TO WHICH SIDE THE OCTOPUSS HAS TO GO...ALTHOUGH YOUR OWN RULE SHOULD BE,TO MAKE YOUR YOUR DIVE-BUDDY AWARE OF THAT(IF THE REG. IS NOT IN A BRIGHT COLOUR THOUGH)...YOU HAVE TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR SETUP...

ssdiver2003 once bubbled...

THERE REALLY IS NO RULE OR LAW AS TO WHICH SIDE THE OCTOPUSS HAS TO GO...ALTHOUGH YOUR OWN RULE SHOULD BE,TO MAKE YOUR YOUR DIVE-BUDDY AWARE OF THAT(IF THE REG. IS NOT IN A BRIGHT COLOUR THOUGH)...YOU HAVE TO BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR SETUP...

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!:shout:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom