Hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herb-alaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On my hog first stage I have a lp port right on top
I route my primary on a 48 inch hose under my rt arm and up I use a 90 degree angle at the second stage to finish the route. My question is what harm would there be if I set everything up so that the top lp port is pointed down so that the first stage has a cleaner run rather than making the small loop at the top

Essentially I am asking can I turn tbe first stage upside down with out issues. I dive cold water so I have the cold water first stage

Herb, this is a common mistake. The 5th port is also the bottom port. So yes you can turn it over and use the 5th port. All the regs I sell and set up are configured with the long(er) hose running from that port. Sending this to you via PM but also wanted to get this out there as I have had a few questions about this.

Thanks Jim for the quick and very useful response.

Jim I rerouted everything after you posted and dove it yesterday and must say....... THANK YOU. It was much cleaner. I even grabbed my scuba pro set and made use of the bottom port for the second stage so everything is set up the same.

I can say that I am embarrassed that I did not ask about it sooner. I just that the soft red cap was the bottom and would need to be protected ( just because it was soft)

Herb no biggie, Just depends on where you are diving. Now in Alaska if under icebergs I might want to turn em side ways if there's lots of calving going on. Hey I watched Deadliest Catch, I know! Seriously though it is a common question and nothing to be embarrassed about. The 5th port option is new for a lot of people, especially non techies, and it takes some getting used to using it that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom