Hotel recommendation in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed a Orange Hill a couple of times and loved it, but as mentioned it is a small, no frills, and family-run inn (think Fawlty Towers!) Glad to hear that it is still going strong!

I have a different transportation suggestion. The last time we were on Provo in the Turks and Caicos we rented a car to enjoy our time on the island before boarding the liveaboard. We made arrangements with a local car rental company (Grace Bay) allowing us to drop the car off at the marina for later pick-up. There was no additional charge for this service and it was very convenient.

The "big name" rental car companies like Hertz and Budget all said "no way!" but the little, local company said "no problem!" I would contact the Nassau car rental companies to try and make a similar arrangement.

Hey Kathy!

I was just in Provo earlier this past December to board the TCEX2 and from what I remember, it was probably cheaper to rent a car to trek around Grace Bay. Cabs are like notoriously expensive on Provo-like almost everything else on that island.

Hey Kathy!

I was just in Provo earlier this past December to board the TCEX2 and from what I remember, it was probably cheaper to rent a car to trek around Grace Bay. Cabs are like notoriously expensive on Provo-like almost everything else on that island.

Provo is very expensive and I think taking cabs would get very pricy quickly. We found that renting a car gave us the freedom to explore the island and made it easy to enjoy restaurants, run to the grocery store, and see the sites.

We also had a day on land to enjoy after getting off the aggressor, so instead of staying on board the final night, we reserved a hotel room and arranged for Grace Bay Car Rentals to have a car waiting for us when we got back to the marina. When it came time to leave we just dropped it off at the airport - so easy!

How was your trip on the T&C Explorer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom