Hotel suggestions for possible last-minute travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sethw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, hoping to get away for 5 or 6 days in March, I always have stayed at the Blue Angel which looks like it might be booked up for my dates. Given that it meets my preferences perfectly (modest, moderately priced, well-run, on the water, and decent location), I am wondering if there are any other options people can suggest.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best,
Seth

Casa mexicana priced right, breakfast, really comfortable beds

Hi all, hoping to get away for 5 or 6 days in March, I always have stayed at the Blue Angel which looks like it might be booked up for my dates.
Dates? Possibilities vary depending on when.

I looked at Hotels.com and selected filters of Ocean View and Under $125, and that helps narrow it down a lot - except I used a random week. Then there is the shopping. For my random week, Hotels.com had Villablance from $75, but Google Maps for Cozumel Hotels had a list that shows the same hotel available from $40.

Casa Mexicana and Barracuda are indeed candidates among many. Reviews of Barracuda have discouraged me tho.

Hi all, hoping to get away for 5 or 6 days in March, I always have stayed at the Blue Angel which looks like it might be booked up for my dates. Given that it meets my preferences perfectly (modest, moderately priced, well-run, on the water, and decent location), I am wondering if there are any other options people can suggest.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best,
Seth
Our backup plan for Blue Angel is Villablanca.

Villablanca is close to nothing.
Barracuda is a close walk to town and across the street from the Mega.
Villablanca is staying in a hotel.
Barracuda is staying on the beach.
Mexicana is right downtown with no easy access to the water. But it provides a terrific breakfast and an escalator that never works.

Casa Del Mar. My favorite hotel in Cozumel since 1990

Barracuda is a close walk to town and across the street from the Mega.
Noise factor included.
Villablanca is close to nothing.
A bit of an exaggeration. Hogtown cafe used to be next door along with Papa Hogs diving, and I suppose they are still there.

1644103955547.png

Casa Del Mar.
Casa del Mar might work. Their ocean view with balcony rooms are running $150/night. It's not as close to the piers as Blue Angel as it's a hike across a bridge, but not bad.
Our backup plan for Blue Angel is Villablanca.
Villablance is probably the most similar to Blue Angel, about a mile further down Melgar. The rooms actually have a garden view with a side view of the ocean from balconies. I stayed in one of their Superior rooms once, very nice, and it's a short walk across the street to the pier. And while it's probably the most similar to Blue Angel, Priceline has special rates not seen on Hotels.com of $39/night standard or $47/night Superior. Get the Superior room. It's huge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom