Houston, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife who does this for a living in a Scubapro shop says that the balance chamber is FUBAR. Should be closed at one end.
Nothing a little Duck tape couldn't fix.

20180421_135957.jpg
Nothing a little Duck tape couldn't fix.
:facepalm::):wink:
Duh, so simple, so true and totally ingenious. I tried it. It works. It actually makes actual regulator performance a completely unimportant detail...

Think IP is not good....

View attachment 456097

Nice cut-a-way. :)
But seriously, I think someone installed the spring on the wrong side of the balance chamber. Normally the adjustment knob's pad would lend support to the balance chamber and prevent a puncture through.

@couv : No, it's mine and was on loan to a buddy for an extended bit of time. I doubt he had any inkling for taking it apart based on the amount of crud that was in the second stage... No idea what the heck happened......

This is why they sell repair parts. Did rebuilding the first and second resolve any issues?

No idea what the heck happened.
Wow, so when you removed it from the air barrel the spring was in the correct place (over the poppet stem) and the puncture was present? You must have been getting a flood of tiny bubbles coming from the mouthpiece. Lawrence Welk & Don Ho would both be proud.

BTW for the balance chamber to be pushed that far onto the stem, you probably have an issue with the poppet too. The balance chamber tube should have hit the poppet fins before going that far.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom