How can GUE/UTD work with so few instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used my GUE Fundies card to use Nitrox on a boat -- when it wouldn't take my NAUI Helitrox card as showing I was qualified to use Nitrox! (This was a boat from a PADI shop which shall remain unidentified to protect the guilty!)

Ah, but that was on Maui ... the same place where I couldn't get on a boat with a NAUI Instructor's card, because the shop I tried booking with only recognized PADI certs.

Some folks are just plain, damn weird ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ah, but that was on Maui ... the same place where I couldn't get on a boat with a NAUI Instructor's card, because the shop I tried booking with only recognized PADI certs.
Guess you could have always done discover scuba as long as you had a DiveMaster with you at all times :D

Some folks are just plain, damn weird ...
Now I don't own my own business, so maybe I'm way off, but I always thought "customers = good"

Now I don't own my own business, so maybe I'm way off, but I always thought "customers = good"

Hey! Grasping that concept, if you started a dive shop or operation, you'd be ahead of many of the current places already!

Guess you could have always done discover scuba as long as you had a DiveMaster with you at all times :D

We laughed all the way across the street ... where we signed up on a boat with his closest competitor ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If some PADI instructor not recognizing a GUE card makes GUE a "club" and not an "agency" then TDI, ANDI, NSS-CDS, NACD and all those other tech training "agencies" might as well be clubs too.

If you wanted to get picky... technically TDI, SDI, ERDI are not training agencies.. the parent company is incorporated as a publishing company not a training agency..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom