How can I choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is exaclty the question. Because of the rules, here, I have to lead sometimes (and more frequently with increasing card) and I know if I can lead and I know if I can't (I just know very well my limitations). If I can say, I'm not putting myself in anything, the thing come to me:wink: The dive sites owners want a leader: if something goes wrong...There is a guy to point. It is not with my friends that I could have any problem (I hope) but if I'm supposed to be written down as a leader, I've to fill the skills of it (I feel I go to my english borders there, if it's wrong, please apologize :D)

I will look at the Naui course (I'm curious and not married with PADI -thanks God!)

Seems to me you've answered your own question in this post "Because of the rules, here, I have to lead sometimes" you do lead now sometimes; and like everything else the more you do something the better you'll get at it. Stay within your limits that you say you know, and if the people you dive with are truly your friends then they shouldn't be doing things to put you in a jam. Accidents happen and when they do you might surprise yourself with how you react. Leading has a way of teaching that's like nothing else. Good luck and good diving.

Sorry for this delayed answer but I was abroad (diving in Egypt). I really thanks all of you for those answers. I will do MSD with a good instructor. Diving is a pleasure for me, not a job at this time. So, even I read the DM manual (by interest) I won't take the "Go Pro" challenge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom