How cold is the water in Lembeh in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - I will be heading out to Lembeh for a quick dive trip soon. I am wondering if I will need to get a new 5mm wetsuit (only have an 3mm full suit). I read on a couple of diving websites that the Strait water is cold in the summer. Wondering what do most people wear during that time of the year (3mm + hood or 5mm)? I am a petite woman so the rental suits at the dive shops usually doesn't fit me well (too many loose pockets of space so lots of water movement = cold!) I usually dive in 83-85F carribbean water and feels nice and toasty in my 3mm full suit. Thanks!

Lembeh last July was 27-28C. (80.6-82.4 F)

Generally diving here means long, easy going dives. Thus....chilling. The temp can drop to 26 celsius in July and August. We are having 5 mm semi wetsuits of Bare for our guests (yes also petite female sizes). A hood also helps a lot.

27-28C last summer. Dives can be up to 70 minutes.

I wore a 5mm on dive 1-2,

then added a 3/5mm vest hood towards dive 3-4

I was in Lembeh late July of 2009 and was able to wear only a full 3mm wetsuit without getting cold. I think however, that I don't get cold quite as easily, so would recommend at least a 3mm and hooded vest for most people during the June-September period.

I would add that above water, there is usually more wind during June - September. So even though the boat rides are relatively short, the wind will cool you off.

Enjoy!

I second everyone. I was there last summer in late June. 27-28C water. I dove with my old 3/2 and was fine. Just drink lots of coffee beforehand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom