How Deep have you had your GoPro Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Simply a number answer will do, answer to "how deep have you had your GoPro housing"

this isn't a "I flooded it at 30 feet and it's a piece of crap due to a grain of sand or hair in the o-ring" post.

Nor a "I modified the lens by unscrewing all the screws to insert my own DIY custom filter" and it's fine post.

I'm just curious, as to how deep people have had happy times with their off the shelf OEM GoPro housings.

I'll start with 116 feet. Zero Issues. Brought back a Golf Ball someone used as a fishing lure weight from that depth/dive. Cool momento.

Deepest Ive been is 40m with a SRP Blurfix adapter fitted housing and also with my eye of mine housing, footage was crap both dives as was the vis and light. I was far from pushing the housings limits lol.

Here is a video of the deepest Ive seen a GoPro get down to and I doubt anyone has gone further then the 125m here.

[video=youtube;O1c72-YhnSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1c72-YhnSU[/video]

3 days ago, took the Backscatter housing to 65m (214 ft) in Thomas Canyon (Sharm El Sheik) with no problems at all

206'. Mako port.

All the best, James

126' with new gopro dive housing.

I have a bunch of dives planned in the 200' range and one at 285'. Hopefully the gopro and gopro brand dive housing will be here before the trip and I can try it out on those dives. Am I crazy for thinking this little camera will handle those depths????

Had my iPhone in my trousers in my drysuit down to approx 60feet. No problems.
GoPro to 100ft in srp modified housing no probs either

Back
Top Bottom