How do I get O2 certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can go to your local Red Cross, or find a DAN O2 course in your area.

It is usually cheaper to go through Red Cross on first aid, but a DAN instructor should be covering more information on diving injuries...

Review the courses offered here:
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/training/index.asp

Red Cross has excellent courses in First Aid, CPR, etc. For courses specifically aimed at treating diving injuries/maladies, esp. with O2, the DAN courses might offer more detail oriented towards divers.

Send 100 bucks to me, I'll print a really nice looking cert that says ("your name" knows everything about oxygen and you should sell anything to him that he wants. (provided he's got the cash))

How about it? Shall I give you my mailining address? :eyebrow:

Your local LDS should offer a DAN oxygen provider class. It's about 75 bucks in my area.

Good luck,

Randy

DavidPT40:
How do I get certified in oxygen administration?

Randy43086:
Send 100 bucks to me, I'll print a really nice looking cert that says ("your name" knows everything about oxygen and you should sell anything to him that he wants. (provided he's got the cash))

How about it? Shall I give you my mailining address? :eyebrow:

Your local LDS should offer a DAN oxygen provider class. It's about 75 bucks in my area.

Good luck,

Randy

In many places medical oxygen is controlled, you need a prescription to get your cylinder filled.

rmediver2002:
In many places medical oxygen is controlled, you need a prescription to get your cylinder filled.

Here in Ontario, oxygen administration is considered a delegated medical act. That is, your training must be conducted under the auspices of an MD and you must comply with the protocols handed down by that MD.

derwoodwithasherwood:
Here in Ontario, oxygen administration is considered a delegated medical act. That is, your training must be conducted under the auspices of an MD and you must comply with the protocols handed down by that MD.

I don't believe that is correct. We lived in/taught O2 Admin in Canada for many years. Remember, this is NOT in a medical setting. There are many dive charters in the Province that have a DAN O2 kit on board for emergencies that had nothing to do with an MD.

AFAIK you can still get non-medical grade O2 (e.g.: aviator grade) without a prescription.

DSDO,

O2 courses are also offered through NAUI shops and I believe PADI also has a program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom