How do I see the SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think in addition to muscle memory there's a certain amount of dexterity improvement that comes with using drygloves a bunch. At first I was all thumbs, but now they've gotten a lot easier for everything -- from clipping off the SPG, to clipping off regs, to clipping and unclipping stuff in my pockets, to clipping an UW camera to d-rings, to deploying and stowing backup lights, etc...

Might be easier with dry gloves. I am thinking of changing my snap bolt to a larger diameter (3/4"). To be able to better feel the different ends.

jonnythan:
I haven't really had any issues at all, even though I learned with drygloves. I open the snap, then slide it backwards along the waistband in the area of the D-ring and it almost always catches the first time. It's sort of a sweeping motion, and it goes quickly now.

On tiny detail: I click it from front to back (or up when trimmed horizontally). People using stages told me that it is easier that direction when you are fully loaded.

(I do not use stages myself (yet?), but when I will start using them, it would be nice not having to relearn something like this)

Reinoud:
On tiny detail: I click it from front to back (or up when trimmed horizontally).
Yes, that's how I do it. It's gotten to the point where I open the snap and just do a quick little sweep where I know the D-ring is, and if I miss, I'll pull the D-ring out with my pinky and ring finger and do it again.

jonnythan:
Yes, that's how I do it. It's gotten to the point where I open the snap and just do a quick little sweep where I know the D-ring is, and if I miss, I'll pull the D-ring out with my pinky and ring finger and do it again.

same here. And it does not matter whether it is in the pool in swimming trunks, in the tropics in a wetsuit or overhere in a drysuit with thick gloves. It allways works the same. Wonderfull system this DIR ";-)

Nobody has said, yet, why the SPG clipped to the left chest D-ring is a bad way to do it - I've done it that way for 1360 dives.

Eh?

BigboyDan:
Nobody has said, yet, why the SPG clipped to the left chest D-ring is a bad way to do it - I've done it that way for 1360 dives.
That's 'cause this is the DIR forum. The standard DIR configuration is to clip the SPG to the L hip D-ring where it's streamlined and does not interfere with stage or deco bottles.

If you would like to debate the merits of chest vs hip clippage, the Hogarthian forum is over there.....

Please Read

BigboyDan:

Eh?

Not Streamline

I'll allow DIR to try and reinvent scuba, but not the English language. A 24" hosed SPG clipped to my left chest D-ring IS streamlined.

OK... going to the Hogarth page...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom