How do I see the SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
not not really :)

The answer however is to put your reply were it is most appropriate. Hogarthian forum perhaps

fair enough.. :)

Spectre:
Lets go through this again. Without a default statement in the switch, it falls into the base subroutine code, which it falls to the end of and implicitly returns NULL, or 0, or false.

Please point to the words in the C or C++ Standard that say that functions other htan main have implicit return values.

Spectre:
None of you have been analysing code as long as I have, and tweaking the efficency as much as I have.

Gosh, I guess forty years of programming and ten years on the C++ standards committee hasn't taught me anything.

pete340:
Please point to the words in the C or C++ Standard that say that functions other htan main have implicit return values.

Gosh, I guess forty years of programming and ten years on the C++ standards committee hasn't taught me anything.

Holy Moly.

Yes, the return value is undefined for something not in the list and yes I forgot to put in some curly braces. I didn't run it through a parser before posting it. It was just a joke.

Spectre:
Breaks? The utter stupidity on this board is to a level beyond the pale pontificated by those that don't have the brain power to think for themselves.

None of you have been analysing code as long as I have, and tweaking the efficency as much as I have. These useless additions to end up being a cluster **** beyond all proportions and result in the compiler spinning around like a dog trying to **** a football. Until you can learn to walk and chew gum, take the lint out of your pockets and put them onto your keyboard and stop trying to question those that have the experience.

LOL! It's the GI3 of C coding!

pete340:

Spectre... I think you just got served.

oh, and btw while we are at it, there's no #defines for each const in the switch either..

pete340:

I'm thinking you thought Jeff was serious with his little rant. He was simply channeling George Irvine, who posted something very similar to Quest or Techdiver a long time ago. It was all tongue in cheek.

Soggy:
Holy Moly.

Yes, the return value is undefined for something not in the list and yes I forgot to put in some curly braces. I didn't run it through a parser before posting it. It was just a joke.

Of course. As are the responses. Very few people judge a programmer's skills based on offhand comments in a scuba forum.

TX101:
oh, and btw while we are at it, there's no #defines for each const in the switch either..

..... there was this one time at computer camp!

Soggy:
I'm thinking you thought Jeff was serious with his little rant. He was simply channeling George Irvine, who posted something very similar to Quest or Techdiver a long time ago. It was all tongue in cheek.

Sounds like I overreacted. Thanks for pointing it out.

cornfed:
Punch cards don't count...

I never did punch cards. I'm old enough but I wasn't working with computers then. I did start before the 8086 though.

We had processor boards with an 8085 (I think) and a key pay.

We would write an assebly language program, disassemble it (by hand of course) and type the hex machine code directly into memory by way of the key pad.

There was no editor obviously so if you made a mistake you had to start over.

They were replaced with Hieth computers which were almost IBM clones. They had an 8086 or 8088 processor and a DOS like oporating system.

It wasn't dos though so the DOS bios calls like most of the int 10s didn't work and only some of int 21 worked.

The first assembler I used was a slick little diddy called A86 and came with a companion debugger called D86.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom