How do you feel about Chinese made gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The later YS-D2J units are now made in Japan, with all reports showing greatly improved reliability.

+1 on that

My old unit is currently a holder for my gear cleaning toothbrushes :D

I stay away from Chinese made landfill. To each his own.

You don't have a cellphone, then?

You don't have a cellphone, then?

I didn't know cell phones constituted as life supporting gear, that being said, if you were to ask a woman about it the answer would be very much different i.e, the phone would be vital too her...but I'm digressing.

Whilst on the topic of Chinese made landfill thou, dmaziuk. I do my best to stay away from it, both for national and moral reasons.

Whilst on the topic of Chinese made landfill thou, dmaziuk. I do my best to stay away from it, both for national and moral reasons.

Good thing I'm an amoral bloody migrant, then: 100% of my dive gear is paid for by money made by working on computers whose components have been all made in China ever since Silicone Valley made the planet's top 10 most poisoned locales and they started relocating all that environmentally bad stuff out of sight.

I grant you, some of e.g. SK Hynix RAM may have come from their Korean plants and not their Chinese plants... so maybe not all made in China, only almost all.

just relax dmaziuk, no sense in getting so worked up. vallonen almost assuredly has dive gear that is partly made in china. he just doesn't know it or chooses to ignore it.

On the serious note I would hesitate to buy the regs, for example, or a drysuit on aliexpress, but we do have 3 fleebay flashlights and I'm going to buy a 4th one -- all pure chinesium.

Good thing I'm an amoral bloody migrant, then: 100% of my dive gear is paid for by money made by working on computers whose components have been all made in China ever since Silicone Valley made the planet's top 10 most poisoned locales and they started relocating all that environmentally bad stuff out of sight.

I grant you, some of e.g. SK Hynix RAM may have come from their Korean plants and not their Chinese plants... so maybe not all made in China, only almost all.
TSMC is in Taiwan, Samsung in Korea. Micron has production in Boise and Salt Lake. Intel produces in Silicon Valley, Portland, Chandler, Rio Rancho. Fujifilm, one of the largest makes of CMP chemicals produced in Chandler. Some of these companies also have plants in China as well of course but in a nutshell, you are wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom