How do you know you have "aged" in ScubaBoard?

How do you know you have "aged" in ScubaBoard?

• When you read new threads that have the same thread heading(title) as the threads you responded to a

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • you know what the other SB addict , SB guide, SB Mods would reply to a question

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • when you think you have carpal tunnel

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Other...please post comment

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to double check my join date, but I think that it was before I started high school.. and I graduate this year.. that makes me realize how long I've been around.

I remember when I used to be able to jump on here and catch up on every post for the week in a couple hours TOPS. Back when we had regulators, not Mods, and I could tell you who just about everyone was. Back before there was a "Guides" team.. heck, before there were even greeters! :wink: Back when the Warhammer was still new and was being posted on a regular basis... and topics hadn't been covered a thousand times, just to be drug up by a new member months later.... Oh, those were the days, weren't they?? I can't believe where the board is now, look at how much its grown!!! WOW!

Kayla

paolov:
there you have it. NOw NEtDoc would be endorsing H if they advertise here.... so that would be a conflict of interest as S has some little foothold on some of the guys here,
I tend to "promote" Zeagle, Oceanic and Deep Sea Supply and none of them have spent a dime advertising on this site. I promote gear that I like! Many manufacturers have made a ton of money here without me benefitting at all. Kudos to those that give back to the place that has given so much.
paolov:
but it's the owners decision in the end.
No, it's the USERS' decision. The only thing we moderate are commercial threads, flames and drive by spammers. ScubaBoard has what other magazines WISH they had: unbiased and uncompensated gear reviews. We are FULL of them. This not only benefits the divers wanting to find out about what to buy, it also gives the manufacturers DIRECT FEEDBACK that they can use. I get weekly E-mails from some manufacturers when their products are compared to others. Some of them are favorable and some are not.

Kayla:
I need to double check my join date, but I think that it was before I started high school.. and I graduate this year.. that makes me realize how long I've been around.

Check the little box under your Great Dane - "profile info" it shows the date you joined March 2002

Is there some way to update the Profile Info as I know I "joined" before Feb of 2001? Since I am number 37.

paolov:
quit from SCUBA or SB ?

do you still scuba dive? :D

Well, I haven't quit diving. I dove Cozumel in January. And I'm planning Bonaire, Cayman, Roatan and Belize for the fall.

I meant quit as a Mod. :winky:

nauifins73:
Is there some way to update the Profile Info as I know I "joined" before Feb of 2001? Since I am number 37.

I don't know of anyway to do it. Maybe Ted or Pete would know how.

NetDoc:
Many manufacturers have made a ton of money here without me benefitting at all. Kudos to those that give back to the place that has given so much.

Manufacturers ..... Take heed..... what goes around comes around.....

soon some of the PPDs would be in RED.... under WARNING perhaps... hehehhehe

NetDoc:
No, it's the USERS' decision. The only thing we moderate are commercial threads, flames and drive by spammers. ScubaBoard has what other magazines WISH they had: unbiased and uncompensated gear reviews. We are FULL of them. This not only benefits the divers wanting to find out about what to buy,

it also gives the manufacturers DIRECT FEEDBACK that they can use.

I get weekly E-mails from some manufacturers when their products are compared to others. Some of them are favorable and some are not.

hopefully sometime in the NEAR future PPD could organize a chartered vessel for SB members to do Tubattaha..... now that would be another first for SB :D

Natasha:
I don't know of anyway to do it. Maybe Ted or Pete would know how.

When you know who Ted and Pete are.

When you check out Deco Stop every now and then just to see if some of the old DIR advocates are still alive.

When Jepuskar got banned and you approved! (Glad your still here.) :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom