How do you pay for SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just simply sold my soul to fund my fun. :D

motorcitydiver:
I thought buying the gear was the expensive part :confused:
Nah, its the travel part thats expensive. The gear is actually pretty inexpensive. Unless of course one is prone to buying all the bells, whistles and other related marketing hype.

TheRedHead:
I just simply sold my soul to fund my fun. :D
i got more for my unfertilized eggs :D

the almitees dont drink or smoke or party but we have scuba so that takes all our money :wink: plus we dont have kids

like everyone else, we work to afford the things we desire.... last month was a drysuit for me and a meg for hubby but i still haev my 10yr old regs and hubby has his 5yr old wetsuit so after the initial outlay its quite affordable over the years

i will say our insurer always laughs at us... our gear/lockup is worth more than the contents insurance on the house :D

cheers

HMM I know what you mean, about the insurance folks laughing when they walk through and you say this bin has 5K worth of gear, and this one has 2K and so on and so forth. ..

Hmmmm what she doesn't know won't hurt ME!

A lot of my equipment fund is from gifts (holidaze, b-day etc.) I just tell people to give me money, don't waste time and effort shopping, and that goes to that fund.

I save my change, and that funds diving when I go on trips.

The rest is just my occasional "play" money from our general fund...she likes "Longaberger" baskets, I like dive gear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom