How do you pay for SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They told me, when I took OW, that once I bought my gear, this sport would be cheap.

That would probably be true, if I ever stopped buying gear :)

But, as my husband points out again and again, compared with my other passion, which is riding competitive dressage horses, scuba at the most intense level I'll ever take it to is CHEAP. To begin with, I don't have to spend $1000 a month to STORE my scuba gear . . .

I'm another poor college student. I opened up a high yield savings account with Capital One and make at least a $5 contribution a month, sometimes a few hundred. The interest isn't bad, and as I make enough money I buy the small things first, and I'm slowly working my way up the ladder.

Start a dive business. If it is what you love to do, dont PAY to do it, GET paid!

Bryan

Start collecting aluminum cans and cash them in!!!!!!!! WHO-RA

I've actually considered donating blood and plasma to fund my diving. Since I've got all my anthrax shots it actually pays pretty good. Might have to follow up on that. Where there's a will there's a way. I actually sold one of my hand guns to pay for my OW cert!

Sperm banks pay too. . . or so I have heard. . .

LetterBoy:
Sperm banks pay too. . . or so I have heard. . .

You have to be able to spell, sorry!

Two jobs that pay actual money. In addition to working for two shops as a DM for gear discounts and free air. Although I'm putting my foot down and starting to demand cash enough to cover fuel to the lake as well. I also just started into tech so trimix is not free. Luckily except for another stage bottle and an O2 clean deco reg I have all the gear I need right now. Not all that I want of course(saw a couple x scooters in Monterey this weekend, sweet) but I have what I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom