How do you purchase REQUIRED equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends....originally I purchased my personal gear for my 40th B-day present from her. I needed an exposure suit for my OW class, (wasn't worth renting vs. purchasing) then birthday money got me my computer and gear bag. Christmas money got me my BCD and regulators, and the credit card got me some of the required gear for classes. (lights, reels, slates, etc.)

My first cylinder was purchased with Christmas money the next year, and my second was some "mad money" and left over Christmas money.l under was scenario #4.)

I purchased my transplate rig with Christmas money, and used scenario #3 to make a few upgrades (2" crotch strap, STA, pocket)

My pony bottle and regulator, was scenario #3, as was my doubles wing and second first stage (for when I attempt changing my rig to doubles, maybe this summer)

I purchased a dry suit and a few related accoutrements with Christmas money last year, and replaced my light with one using scenario #3.

This year, the LDS gift cards will PROBABLY go towards my annual inspections, unless I can get a few items (tank bands, and a manifold) from the LDS. The mad money will go towards some ancillary gear as necessary.

(Christmas/Birthday money also includes "gift cards" to the LDS)

Two ideas that I live by:

It's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission

What she doesn't know, won't hurt me!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom