How do you rinse your scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where's the blower, pump and heater.

Here is what I made and here is the website that I got the idea from. I added the pipe for the boots and fins.

Wet Suit Drying Rack

Mine does not have all the screw in male/female ends just because of the cost, which was about $50, that the guy on the website did. You can use anything from 1 1/2" to 2", that just your preference.

I keep mine in a hallway bathtub that we do not use. Its covered by the shower curtain so the boss is not yelling at me. I did not glue it together incase I need to disassemble it. It is strong enought to hold all items wet.

When I need to wash the items I pull it out of the tub then fill the tub and wash everything then put the rack back into the tub and hang everything up and turn on the shower and rinse. Seems to work ok.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 176
Here is what I made and here is the website that I got the idea from. I added the pipe for the boots and fins.

Very nice! I hope to incorporate something similar by this next Spring.
But I would like to add some sort of forced air system to dry boots and gloves.

Thanks DMD, I did see a picture of one where a guy took a computer fan and mounted it to the bottom leg of his and then drilled holes in the pvc. He used more for wetsuit only rack.

For camera: I disassemble the whole thing in the evenings and get all the pieces soaking in warm water in the sink before I get in the shower. After about half an hour, I pull them out and lay them out on a towel to dry overnight.

I was just going to ask how others dry their kit, then I saw Korvette's post - genius.

I have to agree. Korvette's drying rack is really cool. I have an extra bath at my house. I might have to give this a shot.

It's been so long since I've been in salt water (my own fault, I know...) that I manage to rinse my stuff every time I dive in our local quarry. I do set it in the driveway and hose it off after diving, though, and then let it air dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom