How do you tote your tanks??? Getting the cart before the dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I still use my crumbling back, and have a custom indentation, right shoulder

However
Hello tank sled man.
I'm wondering did you run out of video film, as your man
ploughing through the sand is almost taken down by the unstable tank.

full.jpg

Same thing same man in the photo, the unruly mind of its own on one wheel tank
are they racing to the chiropractor
Your models are too tall, buckled, can you see them wincing

Perhaps you could include plans for
Dr Homers Miracle Spine-O-Cylinder
with every purchase

In our country some divers use such methods:
I`m never seen this kind of trolley in States or other far west countries on the streets or in the movies, but in Russia and Ukraine it is very common and popular.
Many old people use it for shopping here.
LARUS Shopping Trolley Bag (Grey)
or Amazon.com: Giantex Shopping Trolley Dolly Grocery Cart Foldable W/Rolling Wheels Push Bag Condo Apartment Picnic Beach Travel Portable Folding Push Pull Grocery Utility Cart, Black: Clothing
View attachment 487763 View attachment 487764
It is cheap, lightweight, and easy used for tanks :)
You can detach bag and use just trolley. Also it is nice for twin tanks.
In the Ukraine it has own name "Kravchuchka", it gotten from first Ukraine president Kravchuk who starts rockets manufacture conversion to such trolleys and other customers goods.
324-16-1004_larus-jpg.487763.jpg

today price is less than 10$! :)

I'm considering this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Cart...F8&qid=1541597429&sr=8-2&keywords=foldit+cart

At $113 with free shipping

Or this one for just $70 & $10 shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07439S48...&pd_rd_r=f38e8949-e291-11e8-8349-9126162516c7

I'd probably opt for the $113 because of the 13" vs 10" tires. It would be useful around the yard too, as I get ever more feeble.
I had one, it's the less expensive one. The biggest problem with it is that it doesn't collapse much. You need a big vehicle to transport it, the thing fills most of my minivan! I say had instead of have because I ended up giving it away. Replaced with a collapsible cart. Actully, I came to own it because the previous owner (@mermaid0sea) gave it to me for the same reason.

The collapsible one is far less sturdy but good enough to haul 2 sets of gear, including steel lp108 tanks.

This is the collapsible one I'm using now: https://www.amazon.com/Timber-Ridge-Camping-Collapsible-Shopping/dp/B078M28P22

My solution is simpler. When diving with Aquatic Safaris in NC I pull up to edge of parking lot next to bulkhead which is next to marina. Take tanks and gear bag out of car and place on bulkhead. Crew takes and puts on boat. I take rest to boat. Process reverses when leaving the water. Works great. :)

Crew takes and puts on boat.
That's my favorite solution right there. Unfortunately it doesn't help with shore dives.

That's my favorite solution right there. Unfortunately it doesn't help with shore dives.
You just need to find a willing crew.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I took a really cheap dolly, cut off the axle and re-configured it to work for me.
That was 2014.
It looked amazing!
How long did it last?
Did it perform as well as you'd hoped?

Back
Top Bottom