How dry is your semi-dry?

How dry is your semi-dry?

• Outer limbs wet (up to elbows & knees)

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Limbs wet (entire arms & legs)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Limbs and some torso

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • All of me gets wet dummy

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semi-dry= Wet suit with seals on neck, wrist and ankles to reduce water circulation.
Some semi-dry suits have a gas tight zipper as well but the water still enteres through other places.
Fit is essential as with any other wet suit.

I still get wet with mine. The whole idea is that the water doesn't flow out as readily as with a regualr wet suit. I think I get about 3-4 cups of water in mine.
I have read on Sb that some don't get wet. I think the suit might be a bit tight if that is the case.

Not dry by any manner. Just doesnt have the flushing regular wetsuits have. If a regular wetsuit fits skin tight it will be semi dry in a way.

I barely get wet in mine.....most of the time my chest is dry when I de-suit, while the feet are soaking wet.

It's hard to tell, really. My swim trunks are damp, but not soaking wet. Usually my chest hair is dry and my chest itself is damp. As a reference, in low-60 degree water, I usually get slightly cold after about 75-80 minutes underwater.

ScubaSarus:
Not dry by any manner. Just doesnt have the flushing regular wetsuits have. If a regular wetsuit fits skin tight it will be semi dry in a way.

That is what I like about my semi-dry, it isn't skin tight and I don't get cold. I will be diving Bonne Terre net month so I will get to see how warm it is.

my friend has a mares semi dry... he has to flood it because of the squeeze... its funny watching him get to 12 feet then look as his face as he quickly let the water in? any other guy have this problem( it only pinches in one spot for him :eyebrow: )
should he have to flood it? it a tab bit to big for him but not to much

I've had 2 types of Semi-dry suits. The first was a Farmer John - 2 piece suit. It was warm but you still got wet all ova. Wasn't much of a problem though cause it still kept you warm.

Now I have a killer one piece semi-dry suit with dry-suit style zip across the shoulders. Sometimes I don't even get wet other times just a bit on my legs and arms, but you warm enough not to care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom