How is everyone doing in the midst of this storm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm Stuck at work right now... Thank god for SCUBABOARD... But I am surrounded by cool dive gear, so I guess its not that bad... Was supposed to have a class tonite, but cancelled it due to the weather. The Dive shop is not that busy today... I dont really want to drive home.....aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh...

The worst part about being stuck at the house is that I research for new toys. AND those new toys can't be sent out yet because all of the airports and delivery companys are shut down. Don't they have snowmobiles or something!

My motherboard is in the process of dying (IDE controller is already gone) I've been working off my RAID controller.

Other toys... I went through and saved a picture of every type of BCD that I could find so that my wife and I can pick out ones to try out.

OOOHHH, do any of you any knowledge of LDS's in CT preferably within an hour of Groton. I currently use Seaview SCUBA in Quaker Hills on Rt. 32. Any input would be cool...(I never did like winter!)

Enjoy! Just finished digging out the drive of 20" in Germantown, MD (30 mi north of DC).

Dave D

Now we can just wait for the snowplows so we can move our SUV's

You folks can keep that stuff on the eastern seaboard.

We've gotten like four feet in the last 2-1/2 weeks.

We give in Michigan!:depress:

Picked up a new all-in-one board with 8x gamer video on board and raid support, along with lots of other goodies.
MSI- K7N2G-L
Looks like a good product at very reasonable price, which wil allow getting wet later. With any luck I'll have it mounted tonight.
http://tcwo.com

Weather even down in New Orleans is cool and right damp. Temp outside is down in the 40s, expected t drop into the 30s tonight. Terrible weather for those without heaters. We have AC units on steroids, but heaters are needed so rarely they tend to be grossly undersized. All y'all hunker down and stay warm up there in cold country!

FT

FredT once bubbled...
Picked up a new all-in-one board with 8x gamer video on board and raid support, along with lots of other goodies.
MSI- K7N2G-L
Looks like a good product at very reasonable price, which wil allow getting wet later. With any luck I'll have it mounted tonight.
http://tcwo.com
FT

Thanks for the link I like the sight! This is the one I bought.

my new motherboard

I also bought an new power supply...just because.

my new power supply

Hopefully...if the snow subsides...I'll have my new computer parts in two or three days and will be diving next weekend.

Wow, most of the people who responded to this thread aren't even in New England! I guess most of us are out keeping up with the snow shoveling.

I just uncovered part of my driveway. I hired people to do the snow removal for the season but I figure I'd help them out a bit in this blizzard. Looks like I'll be shoveling around my car every 2 hours until I go to bed tonite (it's not going to be a very exciting day). I killed my back a few years ago before I learned to not wait for the snow to accumulate too much.

Hey LUBOLD8431, you should go home. It'll be unsafe driving pretty soon. I hope you don't live too far from work!

Devils_advocate once bubbled...

OOOHHH, do any of you any knowledge of LDS's in CT preferably within an hour of Groton. I currently use Seaview SCUBA in Quaker Hills on Rt. 32. Any input would be cool...(I never did like winter!)

Scubashack in Rocky Hill. I95 south to Rt. 9 North to I91 north to exit 24.

Sea Wolf II in essex is ok too. (not too far from Old Saybrook).

There's a small shop just north of the subase on Rt.12 (actually just off rt. 12)... I forget their name.

What are you looking for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom