How is everyone doing in the midst of this storm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian once bubbled...

Scubashack in Rocky Hill. I95 south to Rt. 9 North to I91 north to exit 24.

Sea Wolf II in essex is ok too. (not too far from Old Saybrook).

There's a small shop just north of the subase on Rt.12 (actually just off rt. 12)... I forget their name.

What are you looking for?

The shop off of rt 12 is AQUA Sports. My wife didn't think the store owner was very personable. I thought he was nice enough, but he damn near only carried aqualung and he wouldn't service my old DACOR XP. (I'll make it last as long as I can find people that have parts for it!)

I'm one of those people that like to be loyal to a LDS at least that is the way it normaly works out once I find the right one in the area. (granted L.P. is making that harder and harder) I saw the sight for Scubashack, I'll more than likely check it out but it is def. on the outskirts of my drive radius at $2.00 a gallon.

Thanks for the info

This is Trooper Chuck reportin....

Be Advised, the National Weather service has called for a BLIZZARD warning...

The speed limit on the MASS PIKE has officially been lowered to 40 mph.

The State Police are asking that all non- essential personnel please stay at home... Do not do out if you dont have to...

The roads are treacherous...

Trooper Chuck has closed the shop and gone home...

And I made it too... normally a ten minute drive home took over a half hour and saw about three spin outs and crashes...

Please drive safely and allow plenty of time to get to your destination...

hard to keep up with the snow coming down sideways and the wind blowing 30-40 mph. Drifts back within a minute of shoveling/plowing.

I'll have to go pick up C-otter at work at some point, so I plowed earlier to "keep up". That was pretty pointless. I know I can plow my 600ft. driveway and get to the road, but I'm guessing the road hasn't been touched yet.

Should be fun.

Don't know how much we have so far... it's impossible to measure with the drifting. I'd guestimate 1 foot.

Yeah, drifts are a pain. When I lived in the plains of Illinois, there would be blizzard conditions and emergency weather status without a single new snowflake... it's all due to drifting. One time I was driving to college by myself and all I saw was a wall of white in front of me, and it wasn't even snowing. I was a pretty scared 19 year old!

Good luck Rax! I hope you guys make it home safe. Get lots of sand from CVS while you're there.

Been out and about all day; no real trouble. We've got 3 or 4 inches so far, but it's been light so the roads were just getting blown off from the cars.

No trouble yet... but I'm hunkering down now! :)

I loved listening to the radio as they were talking about the impending "nor' easter"... I love how they think any snowstorm in new england is a 'nor easter'... someone should explain to them what a nor easter truely is! :)

We have gotten at least 8 inches of snow here in Arlington. It's really the ice that they're forecasting after midnight tonite that has me concerned.

Tomorrow is trash day so I'm also wondering when to put out the trash so that it's not completely covered or stuck to the ground when the truck comes by.

Well, you are lucky Spectre... Here in Natick, we have 10 inches already, and its still coming down like crazy...:grrr:

Sometimes (mostly every night during the winter) I dream of a warm, dry place... somewhere I can dive without a drysuit... and the water is much warmer...that place is not a dream....

FLORIDA!!!!!!

Here i come!!!

Our flight to the Bahamas has been cancelled for Tuesday morning. I can't get in touch with anyone at US Air. I sat on hold for like 45 minutes before they hung up on me.

Other than that, things are just hunky-dory.

White-out conditions here in Nahant (basically an island, east of Boston) since about 2 o'clock this afternoon. I think the Causeway is going to be closed tonight due to the moon, high tide, and storm surge, so we'll be stuck on the rock while we sleep. Should be messy, but manageable, when we wake up tomorrow.

Earlier, I considered taking the Jeep for a spin around the island to check out the conditions, but thought better of it. Not that the machine couldn't handle it, but the big plows are out tonight, and I don't need to be getting in the way...

Matt

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Our flight to the Bahamas has been cancelled for Tuesday morning. I can't get in touch with anyone at US Air. I sat on hold for like 45 minutes before they hung up on me.

Other than that, things are just hunky-dory.

that sucks. Hope you get another flight sometime soon.

Our flight is not until Wed. night, so we should be ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom