How is everyone doing in the midst of this storm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, sorry to hear about that aaron...

but just think, it will feel twice as nice when you do get down there...

Oh... UPDATE on the snow...

Just shoveled again before I go to bed, and there was another 6 inches out there... SHoveled four or five inches when I got home around 4:00 tooo... They are also calling for coastal flooding... I hope all my buddies on the coast are OK tonite...

Trooper Chuck saying goodnite...

Iv'e been outside fixing my truck then plowing :-(
Since 11am. this morning.
My plow pump belt came off and took out my power steering hoses :-( I HATE SNOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Rick L

You have my sympathy. I know this is not that comforting but it's better to be safe than to fly in this weather. It's also good that this is all happening before you leave so that you don't come home with 2 feet of ice on your car. That wouldn't be a warm welcome home.

I'm sure you'll get there soon!

We just finished shoveling the driveway a few hours ago (see attached jpg). In the last 24 hours the 30 inches of snow we've gotten here on the Jersey shore is more than we've gotten in the last 3 winters combined.

The state was shut down by the State Police last night and declared a "State of Emergency" by the Governor. The schools are all closed tomorrow already and the roads are only just passable in places. My wife and I are both from the Syracuse region so we get a kick out of the locals trying to deal with a little snow. I can only guess what it's like down in Maryland where they got 49 inches and have absolutely no idea how to deal with it!

Next week I hope to be back in the water. Last week the water was 38 degrees and the vis was 15 feet. Sometimes I wish I lived in Fla. :penguin:

Aaron,

Sorry to hear that you'll be delayed in getting to the Bahamas.Where are you headed (i.e which island(s)?)

I was there over the summer on a liveaboard, diving San Salvador & Conception Island, starting from Great Exuma. We got to swim with a pair of dolphins: a mother and calf joined us on three separate days, making for one of the most magical experiences I've ever had underwater...

I hope you get a similar reward for your travel woes!

- John

removing all that snow with a little shovel? I'm impressed. It's a piece of cake with the snow blower. This is such great powdery stuff. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be no ice later. Nothing works on that.

Great snow for skiing! Anyone up for it? I'm planning to check out the Minuteman bike trail tomorrow with my cross country skiis. I live one street away.

PK once bubbled...
removing all that snow with a little shovel? I'm impressed. It's a piece of cake with the snow blower. This is such great powdery stuff.

Don't remind me! I might just dig out enough to get out and go to work... That's the best chance that my neighbors'll decide they need a place to stick their cars while they plow out their driveway [and plow mine for the space! :)]

Great snow for skiing! Anyone up for it?

Downhill or cross country? I'll be skiing wednesday and thursday night, then up at Cannon and Loon on saturday and sunday.

I was thinking of cross country skiing tomorrow. Mostly because I have no way of traveling out to the downhill slopes.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Our flight to the Bahamas has been cancelled for Tuesday morning. I can't get in touch with anyone at US Air. I sat on hold for like 45 minutes before they hung up on me.

Other than that, things are just hunky-dory.

Sorry to hear that. I know I'd be itching to get my butt out of here if Bahamas was the destination.

Although I can't say that all this snow is that bad. I'm one of those weird people that actually enjoys the white stuff on the ground. And I don't even ski :) . Of course, I still feel bad for all those people that are inconvenienced and otherwise adversely affected by the feet of snow... But hey, this is winter, afterall. :D

-Roman.

sorry to hear the bad news. keep us updated.

work is like a ghost town here. The streets in Waltham are not too bad this morning. The town did a good job this time around. so did my plow guy, I guess the shot of vodka I offered him was worth it. :)

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Our flight to the Bahamas has been cancelled for Tuesday morning. I can't get in touch with anyone at US Air. I sat on hold for like 45 minutes before they hung up on me.

Other than that, things are just hunky-dory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom