How is YOUR diving etiquette?.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, the internet has democratized media to the point where "writers" don't know the difference between "ascetics" and "aesthetics."

I've been on a few boats that appear to be aimed at ascetics . . .

People who love to tell everyone what a great diver they are (or, only slightly less irritatingly, try to give you unsolicited advice on improving your diving) are enormously wearing, but it is not a unique feature to diving.

I love to tell old diving stories on the boat, but I am always a bit conscious that I don't want to be the boring seen-it-all done-it-all that everyone complains about later on the internet. So, if it was me that irritated any of you - sorry about that.

People who love to tell everyone what a great diver they are (or, only slightly less irritatingly, try to give you unsolicited advice on improving your diving) are enormously wearing, but it is not a unique feature to diving.

I love to tell old diving stories on the boat, but I am always a bit conscious that I don't want to be the boring seen-it-all done-it-all that everyone complains about later on the internet. So, if it was me that irritated any of you - sorry about that.

I'm one of those people who likes to offer advice ... but if I see someone doing something I think I can help them with, I'll ask first if they'd care for some advice. I only give advice if they indicate they want it (they usually do) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm one of those people who likes to offer advice ... but if I see someone doing something I think I can help them with, I'll ask first if they'd care for some advice. I only give advice if they indicate they want it (they usually do) ...

I am sure that advice given sincerely to assist someone is usually welcome - it is the advice which is given solely to demonstrate the superiority of the advice giver which can be tiresome.

I thought that the article was interesting but had very little to do with diving.

An article about diving etiquette should have included many other important items such as:

-Don't wash your mask in the camera tank
-If you're sea-sick, vomit overboard, not on your fellow divers
-Don't wash your face in the camera tank
-Don't set up your regulator on someone else's Nitrox cylinder
-Don't rinse your BC in the camera tank
-Stand out of the way when divers in full gear need to get by
-Don't spit in the camera tank
-When you park at a popular dive spot, don't block the entrance
-Don't wash your hair in the camera tank

Soooooo, what can I wash in the camera tank??? :confused:

according to that article(skimming it), mine's OK......

Ascetically speaking an asthetically pleasing poignant bunch of words, it's not a book, that cover manners. So I've gone to Ikea, mirror sale on at the moment and bought a few to avoid joining the mob or appearing a boor or a d--k! Hopefully there won't be any boat stories to report today, I'll be waterskiing to and from the site. Can always catch up at the place where, "who's round is it," is another topic of conversation. Good luck with your jobs and canvas. Perhaps one day you will be able to save on bikini's. Easy wetsuit entry today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom