How is YOUR diving etiquette?.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought that the article was interesting but had very little to do with diving.

An article about diving etiquette should have included many other important items such as:

-Don't wash your mask in the camera tank
-If you're sea-sick, vomit overboard, not on your fellow divers
-Don't wash your face in the camera tank
-Don't set up your regulator on someone else's Nitrox cylinder
-Don't rinse your BC in the camera tank
-Stand out of the way when divers in full gear need to get by
-Don't spit in the camera tank
-When you park at a popular dive spot, don't block the entrance
-Don't wash your hair in the camera tank

Too right.
If one of her pet peeves is the difference between fins & flippers she needs to get out more.
I'm regularly diving with foreigners so I'm more than happy use any word in various languages to describe this accessory. As long as the message gets across....

I once heard a Danish Diver , when we were getting changed after afterwards, say to the female DM "Could you pull me off". Amid roars of laughter she was very polite, he went bright red when it was translated.

1300 words to state the obvious. MAN, I'm happy I'm not married to that one.
:wink:
Look here's the deal.
If I want to put my flippers on first and walk to the back of the boat to be the first guy down, that's my business.
If I want to be the first guy back on the boat, who cares if you are all floating at the ladder, I want up.
I'm a staunch conservative and I'll tell everyone on the boat that will listen. Especially during an election year!
I've got 50 dives under my belt, which means I've pretty much seen and experienced it all. I'll be sharing those experiences. If you don't want to listen, tune it out.
I need space for my gear. If I'm the first one to claim floor space on the deck, it's my space.
I could go on...[/sarcasm]
I may have dived with you! I was the one smoking the big, fat, Maduro cigar! :D
Is it bad from to piss in your wetsuit while gearing up?
:rofl3: Not if you're wearing it, however; if it's laying on the deck or in your gear bag, that's very bad form.

This is such a nice reminder. I myself do not consider myself as a pro yet. So I think I need to be reminded of the proper etiquette of diving from time to time. So far I have followed some of the listed but then again I failed at some. Ill bookmark the site for reminder purposes. Thanks for the share sir! :)

Ok so now I'm really confused. I'm very happy that most say it's ok to call my flippers flippers and the thing on my face goggles but she didnt mention a vital piece of contention amongst many. The dreaded SPEEDO! I take it that I'm allowed still, sorta, as long as I'm solo to wear it.:mooner:
I'm glad I read a posters remarks about spitting in your buddies mask, gotta stop doing that, was just trying to help speed things up so we could get in the water. Hm also read about patience.....

Ok so now I'm really confused. I'm very happy that most say it's ok to call my flippers flippers and the thing on my face goggles but she didnt mention a vital piece of contention amongst many. The dreaded SPEEDO! I take it that I'm allowed still, sorta, as long as I'm solo to wear it.:mooner:
I'm glad I read a posters remarks about spitting in your buddies mask, gotta stop doing that, was just trying to help speed things up so we could get in the water. Hm also read about patience.....

Yeah, wear it. Just don't rinse it in the camera tank.

So when a law enforcement officer does not believe you when you say the only game you have taken is stored within the cooler and he begins searching your boat and then commences to rummage through your stowed gear bag full of wetsuit and other wet gear looking for hidden fish or lobster......

Is it rude to whisper to the other LEO "I pissed in that wetsuit" when his buddy pulls it dripping from the bag ?????

So when a law enforcement officer does not believe you when you say the only game you have taken is stored within the cooler and he begins searching your boat and then commences to rummage through your stowed gear bag full of wetsuit and other wet gear looking for hidden fish or lobster......

Is it rude to whisper to the other LEO "I pissed in that wetsuit" when his buddy pulls it dripping from the bag ?????
:rofl3: :rofl3: No, not rude; just ballsy as all get out. Into getting Tazed are we?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom