• Five

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Europe,Asia and Africa so far but off to the Carribean next week!

well... if you consider ABCs as S. America, then I have to change my answer from 2 to 3.

Calif, NC, all over Caribbean - N. America
Hawaii & Palau - Oceania
Bonaire - S. America (heading back in 9 days!!)

Only 3 - Asia, N America and Australia - really would only add S America on the bucket list.

I had a debate on that with National Geographic (US). I suggested they were South America, but N.G. places them in North America due to the tectonic plate they ride on.
I was always taught that the only Caribbean country which was technically in S. America was Trinidad & Tobago for the same reason.

I was always taught that the only Caribbean country which was technically in S. America was Trinidad & Tobago for the same reason.

Hmmm... maybe I should plan a dive there then!

Of course that logic (National Geographics) might suggest that my home, Catalina, and the Lost Angeles area are NOT on the North American continent since we're on the Pacific plate!

When did Oceania become recognized as a continent?

When did Oceania become recognized as a continent?

It is not a real continent, but it is a good way of tidying up all those Pacific islands... and because otherwise Aussies get too big headed.

Two. just got back from Thailand this time,:luxhello: and of course Australia :wink: ...and pacific islands etc

To further muddy the Bonaire question, Wikipedia puts the ABCs on its List of sovereign states and dependent territories in South America, but footnotes them with: Usually considered to be part of North America due to social and political reasons. The CIA Factbook doesn't have an opinion.

To further muddy the Bonaire question, Wikipedia puts the ABCs on its List of sovereign states and dependent territories in South America, but footnotes them with: Usually considered to be part of North America due to social and political reasons. The CIA Factbook doesn't have an opinion.

I would have to take National Geographic over Wikipedia. Besides, does anyone consider the Caribbean islands to be North American... or on any continent for that matter? For once the CIA has no opinion? My, my, my.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom