How many divers for private boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikecolorado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any operators that 6 divers get you a private boat or does everybody require 8?

Thanks

Depends on the op. With 6 divers, I would inquire about chartering the boat. It will probably be cheaper that 6 divers paying the day rate...and you own the boat on your schedule.

We dive Aldora for the steel 120 tanks and long dives. They have enough boats they can usually charter one out without and strain on the other boats. We have had our own boat with 4 divers several times.

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

Are there any operators that 6 divers get you a private boat or does everybody require 8?

Thanks

A group of six divers is a private boat by default In many cases so you should not be charged extra for a private charter.

I’ll be happy to provide a custom quote and detailed information. If you’re interested, please email reservations@bluextseadiving.com

We run private boats for 6 at a discount rate. Buy 5 divers and get the 6th diver free. Holler if you have any additional questions. Actually I often run a private boat for 1 or 2 divers, too.

Our boat takes up to 8 (we can have 14 but don’t unless it is a private group). Depending on how many are renting gear the charter might be cheaper for six as it includes gear. We just let people know and let them them sort it out for themselves.

Given the time of year and business level (we have 8 boats), you would probably have your own boat for your group as the poster above mentions is common.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

www.aldora.com

I would think that communications and management of a private group of six would be significantly easier than coordinating with a few couples and a few singles of varying arrival dates and pickup locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom