How many here Post on Facebook about Scuba Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I post with diving friends (in person and SB) but not usually about diving.

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

Because I have friends in real life that I dive with.

Yet, you have 4362 posts here?

lol

Sorry, I just always find it funny people have a problem with FB, then post a lot on forums.

I use FB quite a lot. I have a personal page and several business related pages.

FB is a key component of our strategy and we are developing several products that leverage social networking in general and FB in particular. First product (bluebuddy) is already out and the next one (Nitroxbuddy) will be launched very soon.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I use FB quite a lot. I have a personal page and several business related pages.

FB is a key component of our strategy and we are developing several products that leverage social networking in general and FB in particular. First product (bluebuddy) is already out and the next one (Nitroxbuddy) will be launched very soon.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

As a backer of Blue Buddy, I hope to use it so I can post my dives on Facebook.

I use face book to play poker and keep up with my non diving dive club:dork2::confused: I don't post that much, but when I do it usually deals with diving.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Businesses should really spend the time to understand Social Media (and its various forms) before delving in, as it is easy to make mistakes. Thus said, I don't think that a business today can really afford to ignore Social Media, either.

Probably the most basic understanding is that some SM forms is that it is predominantly an interactive dialog (that's the "social" part) which is employed to foster the relationship with your customers. That means that it isn't the "Daily Advertisement" but is more akin to the "We're doing this today" kind of exchange, and a big part is to understand the Do's and Don'ts.

For example, for a business that's choosing to use Twitter, is it better to have a dozen tweets that get blasted out in a single afternoon, or to have them sprinkled out at 1/day throughout a week?

One diveshop that I follow on FB has some recurring "tricks" that work for them: they post pics of newly certified divers with a "Congratulations!" message, for example. They also showcase returning customers and divers hitting milestones (500 dives, etc) - - if you think about what they're doing, you can glean the sometimes subtle promotional message..ie, a good enough operation for repeat business ... a destination that experienced divers prefer, etc, etc.

While Social Media is a relatively new field for business, there's a lot of potential for complexity and how to do it right. If I were to offer one piece of advice, I'd say "Pace Yourself": you want your business to have a continuous presence to remind your customers that you're out there, which means that in your enthusiasm to get started, you don't want to jump in with 20 posts/week to then taper off and disappear off the map for a couple of months.

-hh

I'll post my diving pictures that aren't of other divers unless they are ok with it or would like a copy of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom