How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US Army. Infantry, airborne, ranger. Spent 1967 in VietNam with the 25th Inf div, then Ft Benning in 1968, back to 'Nam in 69 with the Big Red One. 2/18 Inf, then to Germany. Got out in 72. Still miss it. Sort of. My first air card was from the scuba club at Ft Benning in 1968. But I'll confess to doing a lot of diving in the St Lawrence River and Lake Ontario in the late 50's.

US Navy 90-94

NAS Cecil Field Sea Operations Detachment 58, Spook Ops
Deployed to USS Forrestal CV-59, Final Med Cruise
Deployed to USS George Washington CVN-73, Shakedown entry into service

Electronics Airborne Countermeasures and Communications Security

I was a former US Navy Instructor assigned in US Naval Air Technical Training Center in Pensacola, Florida. My various assignments gave me an opportunity to travel for free to almost around the world and gave me an exposure to different conflicts like Persian Gulf,Bosnia, Somalia, Haiti and Mediterranean. Hail to the Navy and the entire US armed Forces.

20 yr U.S. Army MP retired. It's funny how when after you retire you don't really remember the bad times, only the good ones.

US NAVY, 6 years. Nuclear submarine force. Assigned to Specop SDV (Seal Delivery Vehicle). 2 years as a Sniper, got out in 93. I was in Iraq and Panama.

Thought I had posted to this thread but guess I haven't - Twenty-six years in the Air Force. Out there lost in the convergence zone I made your mama calls possible. Tropo ruled in those days.

Swabbed the decks of the USS Brewton (FF-1086) out of Pearl for most of my six years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club.

7 years repairing Navigation Radios and Radar, primarily on USAF C-141's at Norton AFB in California. Loved working on the airplanes; hated shop politics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom