How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS:
USAF 68-72 Crew Chief C-141s

My father was a C-141 pilot out of Travis AFB in the early 80's. He got there after flying as a FAC in OV-10's as a Rustic FAC out of Ubon and training Cambodians back at Shepherd AFB after he DEROS'd...And I was born there too. Proud to be a Texan. Do you remember if you ever flew with him?

I served as a 57E in the 7th LID out of Fort Ord (Planet Ord) and I changed MOS's and finished up in the 10th Mountain (LID) as a 12B. Hoooah!!

I followed with 5 years in the ARNG in Statesboro, GA. I can't believe they paid me to blow things up on the weekendsin the swamps of Fort Stewart! Who can turn down an offer like that!

I served as an E-3, E-4, E-5 and as an O-1. Started out as a PFC. ROTC is damn good training, at least at Georgia Southern U. Best training I ever had.

Deployed: 1st SFG (ABN) 2nd BN Op. Team Spirit '93, and that little mission to Haiti in '94. Hit the ground Sept. 19, '93 in Port-au-Prince.

Colin Berry

US Army, '91 to '93. Just another DAT (19K).

Not much, I admit, but not my fault the 1st Gulf war ended so fast...

Active Army combat engineer 12B err I mean now a 21B, waiting for my retirment orders, so that in Aug of this year I can become a P.F.C. again :)

Then Im heading to Fla. someone else can have this cold water.

coberry7:
My father was a C-141 pilot out of Travis AFB in the early 80's. He got there after flying as a FAC in OV-10's as a Rustic FAC out of Ubon and training Cambodians back at Shepherd AFB after he DEROS'd...And I was born there too. Proud to be a Texan. Do you remember if you ever flew with him?

I served as a 57E in the 7th LID out of Fort Ord (Planet Ord) and I changed MOS's and finished up in the 10th Mountain (LID) as a 12B. Hoooah!!

I followed with 5 years in the ARNG in Statesboro, GA. I can't believe they paid me to blow things up on the weekendsin the swamps of Fort Stewart! Who can turn down an offer like that!

I served as an E-3, E-4, E-5 and as an O-1. Started out as a PFC. ROTC is damn good training, at least at Georgia Southern U. Best training I ever had.

Deployed: 1st SFG (ABN) 2nd BN Op. Team Spirit '93, and that little mission to Haiti in '94. Hit the ground Sept. 19, '93 in Port-au-Prince.

Colin Berry

Colin,

I was a maintenance guy on the last OV-10's in the Air Force at Shaw AFB from 1990 to 1991. Our aircraft were from the late Vietnam era. Some still had ABDR patches over bullet holes.

If your dad is still with us, please tell him I am envious and honored to have spent a small time with his generation of warbirds. The AF eventually gave them to Columbia and the Phillipines in 1991.

James

Active service: Eight Air Force, S.A.C. 1967 - 1971
Viet Nam Vet. Military Police/ Law Enforcement.

Sam:

not military or ex military but planning to join after im done with college. Always love meetng people in the military though

Make sure you become an Officer... I know way too many fellow enslited MARINES with college degrees.. It makes NO sense to waste an education.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom