How many on this board use or have used OMS equipment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okiecaver

Contributor
Reaction score
If you use it, tell us what and why, If you had some and switched, what and why also.

If never have and never will, then why?

Please no rants pro or con over bungee wings, since this applies to everything they make/sell.

Thanks and dive safe
Brock

reel: basic reel. works well enough. can't complain.

lift bag: basic bag. works well enough.

BP/STA: basic plate. works well enough ... still in good shape
considering that my darling bride did not notice it hanging to
dry one day and as a result of an action on her part the
plate crashed to the garage floor from a height of over 6 feet.

did she tell me? nooooooo. but i found it curious there was
a broken clothes hanger in the garage (and a thick one) so
i asked what happened to the hanger ...

"well, remember you had your backplate hanging in the
garage?" ...

Well...I have an OMS tank but since it's really made by Faber I don't know if that counts.:D

Currently own (and enjoy) the OMS IQ harness (with the weight pockets), SS BP, and 55# bungee wing (black).

Am considering getting that really tall SMB/Lift bag since I start my AdvEAN/Deco class in a few weeks, and a surface marker is required equipment.

And will probably add other OMS stuff as the need arises.

Two steel 85's, two K valves.
Love the tanks (doubled with Scubapro manifold & valves).
Hate the valves.
Rick

LP 98. My experience has been fine. Would not buy another due to rust issues I've seen with others at my LDS and the crappy reponse OMS has provided in these situations. My LDS has stopped carrying OMS gear as a result.

ss backplate and harness, #100 duel bladder, manifold w/isolatin valve. works great for me

SS plate, sta and bottom timer. No complaints, but it would be pretty tough to screw up any of these items. I wanted the new high tech plate with the radar absorbing coating and the denser stainless steel but it wasn't available yet.

JoelW

STA:)manifold:( H-valves:(......LDS carries OMS ,SP,Zeagle,Oceanic anything I can buy from them I do.Any thing they don't carry or can't get reasonably gets the internet treatment.Won't buy bungies,multi-piece harnesses,9' hoses,remote valve actuators or any other such but I keep an OMS catalog on hand.

Back
Top Bottom