How many pairs of jammers for a 6 day trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I have typically taken vacations with some diving, but are departing for our first true diving trip to Bonaire in a few days. We will be diving 4-5 dives a day for 6 days.

Right now I only have one pair of jammers to wear under my wetsuit, and I have a feeling that unless I buy more they will be pretty funky by the end of the trip. How many pairs should I bring? 2? 3? 1 and a box of Woolite?

Jammers are pretty light weight, having 3 in your bag won't hurt anything. I'd bring the woolite or some sink-the-stink and get a rotation going. By the time you go through your third pair, the first ones should be clean and dry. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Jax
I only take two, because that's all I own. I wash them in sink the stink at days end and let them dry on their off day. You could get by with one. They may be damp a little in the morning though.

(By the way, this is one question I never thought I'd see posted on SB, but all questions are legitimate if one really wants an answer.)

I don't know about Bonaire, but if it's anything like Cozumel or the Gulf of Mexico, I wouldn't count on ANYTHING drying completely after being rinsed or washed due to the high humidity. Still, damp and clean beats damp and funky...so go for it.

I'd bring two or three pairs and some woolite or sink the stink. I currently have two that I rotate between and I wash them every night. A third pair would make things easier.

Bonair is a desert island - things dry quickly. I bring 2 bathing suits and 3 nylon tops for a week of diving. I do carry the .5mm full suit just in case but rarely use it. A couple good shirts and shorts for going out to dinner and you are set. 5 dives a day is really pushing it. My wife starts to revolt after 3 so I'll occasionally do a solo 4th (or 3rd) and I'm tired after that.

I take two on long trips ... seemed to work well enough for 60 dives over 16 days in Indonesia, and that's fairly humid. They'll dry in 10 minutes in Bonaire, night or day.

1 will do you, you can wash it at night easily enough. But if you want a second pair it's not a big deal.

Don't know how old your current jammer is. However, I would like to offer a subtle but important consideration when dealing with men's lycra based jammers -the back of the suit becomes "see through" before the front begins to show wear. And folks seem reluctant to tell you about it.:D

-Southernly exposed::mooner:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom