How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm....
Mk17/A700
Mk25/A700
MK11/S600 (really an upgraded 555 with metal air barrel and 600 adjustment kit)
Dive Rite XT x 2 (doubles/SM regs)
Mk2/395 deco reg
Dive Rite deco reg (Not sure what model)

Diving sidemount: 2 -Hollis DC7/500SE DIN : sm configured as primary regs, 2 -Hollis DC1/212 DIN as stage bottle regs and 2- Hollis 210/HO2 for Oxygen and 50% Deco bottle regs.

For Instruction/back mount: 1 Zeagle Flathead 7 DIN, with Oceanic Swivel Octo, Hollis DC1/212 DIN pony bottle reg

So that's 6 Tec and 2 Recreational regs + 1 rec Octo : 8 first stages and 9 second stages

1. Just 1. It is still full of air.

Some sherwood thing. mostly black. I treat it like crap. My LDS gushes all over it when I randomly take it in for service.

Should I be concerned?

P.S. I have 5 cameras. What is considered a normal camera to regulator ratio? Am I safe? Or should I buy more cameras?

Nemrod III Double Hose
Nemrod II Single Hose
Sherwood 4000
Sherwood SRB 3300
Sherwood SRB 3900 - 2
Posiedon Cyclon 300

All have the second that came with them, except one of the 3900's. For the rest of the seconds I have a variety of Sherwood's, US Divers, Scubapro, and Dacor. I like working on old cheap gear, then testing it to 130' or so.

Bob
-------------------------------------------
I swear its not hoarding dear, I'm just keeping an adequate stock of equipment and parts. It's life support, you know.

I am up to:

Three Scuba Pro - 2 DIN & 1 Yoke
Two Atomic - both Yoke
Two Sherwood - both Yoke

But I only use one at a time but planning on two some day :D

2x Poseidon 300 first stages, with one cyklon metal 2nd stage on each
1x Poseidon 5000 first stage with one cyklon plastic second stage
2x apeks DS4 first stages with an XTX50 on each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, giffenk, I've upgraded all of my gewr over the years except for my Sherwood reg. 20 years old and breathing as well as it ever did. Perhaps even better than it ever did, inasmuch as, the last technician that took care of her was very loving.

Since I travel so much to dive, I often find myself dreaming of purchasing a reg set that weighs a bit less but will I ever be able to trust a new set and have it perform for me almost flawlessly for over 20 years? :wink:

I dive regularly, year round in England with a diver that refuses to dive dry, mounts his cylinders to a bottle belt (look it up, not nice, especially with steel LP105s/15L steels) and uses old war department regs he bought in the early 70s.

His reasoning is it's always worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have at least 4 dozen sets. Of those I only use about half a dozen for single tank/doubles/or deco bottles. The others are for training aids for teaching reg repair classes, or ones I have picked up real cheap on Craig's list or eBay to tear down and rebuild to keep my skills sharp. I prefer to practice on a reg I own before being given a customers reg and that being the first time I have ever torn it apart.

Too many and yet not enough.

Lets see.... (including stuff I bought for my kids) I have a Sherwood Oasis set, 2 AL Calypsos (old models), 4 Scuba Pro MK20/25's.

Edit to add a set of random set of Oceanic regs (full setup with guages) I found on the bottom while diving. Been there on the bottom a while, but cleaned up beautifully, fully serviced and in use by my son. Too bad a tank and BC wasn't with it!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom