How many regulators do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only difference between an ATX50 and ATX40 is the adjuster and related hardware. To upgrade the octo you can purchase an adjuster off eBay, there is a Youtube video explaining how to to install it. The Apeks 50 series is one of the better regulators out there and used by many technical divers.

What problems are you having with the octo? You can use any second stage with your first with the exception of some Poseidons.

Will not be upgrading the octo. Instead, thinking to "downgrade" the primary to an octo, and get a new primary. But if you (ams511) think 50 is one of the better ones, then, maybe I will just keep it as the primary.

The current ATX 40 octo keeps free flowing. Been free flowing for 10 years! Especially after servicing, based on manufacturer's specs, it always free flows. Then, the shop "off the record" tightens it, and it's ok for x number of dives, then it free flows again.

The current ATX 40 octo keeps free flowing. Been free flowing for 10 years! Especially after servicing, based on manufacturer's specs, it always free flows. Then, the shop "off the record" tightens it, and it's ok for x number of dives, then it free flows again.

Sounds like bad servicing. Octos should have a higher cracking pressure to prevent freeflows in the water this is standard procedure and should be done on the record. If it stops freeflowing after adjustment and then starts again after a few dives that means the seat is taking a set and needs to be adjusted. This happens when the regulator is not cycled properly after a service. Another possibility is a bad spring.

First stages: MK2, MK10 plus, MK11

Second stages: C300, R295, G250

5-6 mk25's with s600's
1 atomic m
1 or 2 misc oem regs
one diverite set up for O2 deco

hmm...

1 Apeks FST, XTX and ATX 100
5 HOG D1/Classic Second's
2 HOG D3/Zenith Second's
1 Aqualung Titan LX/ABS Octo
1 DA Aquamaster
2 Pheonix Royal Aquamaster's
1 Mistral
and probably another few that I can't remember at the moment....

maybe I have a problem :idk: ​after all, I could always use another reg... or tank...

Back
Top Bottom