How much have you spent on gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no way of knowing how much I've spent on scuba gear over the past 15 years. I would estimate there's between $25-$30 thousand worth of it sitting in my garage at the moment. Now that I'm not teaching anymore I need maybe a quarter of it. I've been considering a garage sale ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Certified 28 years, spent every penny I've made on scuba gear. :(
I've bought and sold tanks, a scooter and given away two wetsuits and two drysuits.

i must be cheap. i have been diving since 1989 and ballpark about $3000 CDN (excluding camera gear).

i still have my original reg, mask, fins and snorkel - am on my second BCD, second set of booties and just bought my 4th wetsuit. All of my computers are used (cheapest was $35). Lately i have spent a significant amount on fancy new teeny tiny LED dive lights.

26 years diving, I have no idea. But I'm not really a big gear collector. (I suspect my husband has spent as much on camera gear as we've ever spent on dive gear for both of us.)

Travel expenses on the other hand...

I don't know who you are...or how you know my wife....but it's not going to work. Nice try Kelly. It's safe to say I have spent more on my wife and 2 daughters gear than on my own. The only thing I bought new was 4 Hog/edge regulator sets at $300 a piece, 1 computer was $400 and 1 wetsuit for $89, wife's lavacore was $120 and a crap load of masks looking for the right one for me. Everything else was bought used at what I considered a great deal, usually less than 1/2 price. 8 tanks, 6 BCD's, 3 or 4 computers, 3 more reg sets, 5 wetsuits, all in all total is probably right at 5 grand.....but only about $25 on me personally......

Ask my wife when dinner will be ready.....

Nice try.....
Jay

There's no way of knowing how much I've spent on scuba gear over the past 15 years. I would estimate there's between $25-$30 thousand worth of it sitting in my garage at the moment. Now that I'm not teaching anymore I need maybe a quarter of it. I've been considering a garage sale ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you sell the garage, where will you keep your scuba gear?

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl3:

I would like to put the disclaimer out there that no wives have been involved in the creation of this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom