How much have you spent on gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of years left, lots of potential $$$$$ left too, after spending many $$$$$$!

Diving since 1999.

Spent $11600+ in the last 12 months alone in equipment. No rebreathers. No vehicles (because my new car is used more for transportation to work than dives). No dive trips.

This should be a fun thread. Post how long you've been diving and approximately how much you've invested in gear.

Time Diving: A little over 2 years
Money Spent on Gear: A little over $5K

:)

Next!

Time Diving: 7 years
Money Spent on Gear: ~$9000, that includes drysuit, and DPV though. I have a LOT of gear, but most of it is purchased at steep discounts via buying used or various other means...

about to double in the next 12 months due to rebreather....

Last edited:
I usually spend lots when i take a new hobby but life taught me to slow that habit down. Me and the gf are living kind of a nomad life right now and we mostly dive drysuit in cold water. The LDS has great deal on rental so its much more easier for us to rent than to buy and maintain a drysuit.

We own cold and warm water fins, computers, masks and few small items and rent the rest of it.

Approx 1500$ in gear for the both of us.

I'm relatively new to diving, as are two of my daughters.

Gear expenses for the three of us have totaled around $4,000. I buy most of my stuff used, and that figure includes the initial maintenance on used gear.

Cylinders have been the largest expense, since even buying used, the acquisition cost ends up around $100-$200 by the time I overhaul (or in many cases, replace) the valve and pay for hydro and VIP. I have 12 primary dive cylinders and 5 pony/stage cylinders.

About 125 dives, 2.5 years of diving: about $1500 for the usual (warmer water) gear + a gifted regulator. Are we including camera gear, too?

I guess I am in the $5k to $7k range for gear for 4 divers, mostly used. That includes lots of spare regs ( prices too good to pass up) and other spares. All warm water, recreational gear. But I have spent close to $100k on dive trips in a little over 20 years.

OK, I took a look in the dive room. Maybe I need to add a couple $k to my gear expenditures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifty years a diver and more money than I want to know.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom