How much have you spent on gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New to diving and have spent around $2000 on gear up to this point. Still need more so I'm sure that will be going up soon! :)

Apparent cheapskate here. Still using my original 1999 gear, Scubapro BC, MK2 plus R190, basic gauges,plus basic OW fins snorkel mask etc, all of which I believe was not over $1100 back then, in 1999 dollars.

Air hockey puck computer after one year, 200
Nitrox-compatible puck computer after 3 years (shoulda got this first instead of the air one, my wife got it for me as a Christmas present), $300
Used wetsuit, believe it or not still good, $50
Lost a fin while drilling u-bolts at Stetson Bank, boat gave me a leftover one, still use it, I'm easy for buddy to identify with different colors, $0
R360 to replace Oceanic hockey puck alternate, neighbor who used to dive gave it to me, $0
Pony 30cf bottle from same neighbor, $0

So I'm still under $2K I think, and less if I had just bought one computer

Now, we're not counting periodic gear servicing fees, right? Those would put me over 2K, since it's been a few times

Let's see
$1000 2 sets of doubles (used)
$200 used transpac with Rec Wing
$1000 on two different computers, a Dive Rite Trio and a Dive Rite Nitex Q
$1500 on various regulators
$1200 demo Bare Dry suit
$250 Wet Suit I don't use any more
Oh, God I have to stop, don't want to know

when I got into this sport >25 years ago, the advice was $1k to start, and $1-$2k a year if diving active..... I wish....

I can't imagine actually putting a price to what I have here for me, my wife, and now my daughter....

Between Tech and Vintage, I've diversified significantly, and the recreational equipment horde could rival some shops...

Wife will have a heck of a garage sale some day...

This should be a fun thread. Post how long you've been diving and approximately how much you've invested in gear.

I've been diving for 46 years, my son has been diving for 19 years, my wife and daughter have been diving for 14 years. I have a room in my house in Florida that looks like a dive shop. I've spent a bundle, and every penny, worth it. :D

How much have I spent on diving gear?

At least 7 years!

IMG_2155.JPG
Where are your suits??
Hanging outside on the covered back porch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom